Castor Oil

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know about something I have been using lately that seems to be working pretty well, at least at concealing the hair loss. I have been applying castor oil topically on the top of my scalp and hairline for the past month or so at night. I usually leave it in overnight, and take a shower the next day. I usually do not wet my hair though, in order to keep this product in my hair all day. It is unbelievable how much thicker my hair looks with this stuff in it. It does cause a little bit of stickiness the night it is put in (don't overdo it), but the next morning it just makes your hair appear thicker and the stickiness is gone. I am unsure whether this stuff will actually improve or prevent further balding, but it definitely works well as a concealer for people who are still growing their hair out and not shaving it. I highly recommend everyone try this stuff as I see no harm with it. The amazing thing is I have also been taking rogaine and propecia for the past 2 years and the stuff hasn't done anything (my hair loss has continued at the same rate, and my hairline continues to recede fairly fast). This stuff seems to have done more good than both of those things for me. So if you haven't heard of this stuff I would just give it a try.

The product I use is on amazon called Gio Naturals Organic Castor Oil Cold Pressed Castor Oil ($17). There are some cheaper options out there also like NOW solutions castor oil ($7) and Heritage Products Castor Oil Cold Pressed ($8).

If you have any questions about my hair loss regimen or experience with propecia, rogaine, or whatever else just send me a message or post on here.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am receding and also thibning all over. I think it would work best for diffuse as long as your hair isn't too short. It doesn't make it greasy or oily. It only does that the night before. The next morning it looks thicker and its dry.

- - - Updated - - -

So far I am thinking its mostly an illusion, but I've heard people say this stuff actually helps grow new hairs

AlexieJ

Reaction score
Though that sounds really great the problem is that for some people they cannot bear greasiness of it. Good for you as it sounds like it works perfectly fine.

lickawrist

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had experience with emu and castor oil, but stopped their use as they didn't do much for me. Castor oil does do a great job at making your hairs look thicker, but that is only an aesthetic illusion.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you apply it to the scalp, I've heard people drinking it aswell? lol

TheWig

Reaction score
I think it works

I use castor oil, extra virgin olive oil and avocado oil mix because i kept reading about it......my FUE transplant is growing back well and I don't seem to be losing any more hair.....i will know better when i grow it out though :)

lickawrist

Established Member
Reaction score
I've heard oral and topical consumption can induce PGE2 expressions in the scalp; Im guessing you are doing the prostaglandin protocol? Taking the oil itself is fine, but applying it out of the bottle onto your scalp won't do a thing. Castor oil is too thick to penetrate the skin, you need a vehicle to transport the ricoleinic acid (ethanol, DMSO, etc).