Castor Oil Question

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score

Hammer

Established Member
Reaction score
I've started taking 1ml orally and once per day topically. Not sure if it will do anything but it's cheap.

I apply some to the scalp, followed immediately by my next Topical (either minoxidil or prox-n) and sort of mix and rub it into my head.

Janekoman12

Established Member
Reaction score
Castor oil

So guys and girls, should i just buy a castor oil that peapole use in hair and drink 2-3 ml of it ?

ClearVision

Reaction score
It doesn't taste bad at all. I have been drinking it for a month now. I don't notice anything really yet. I was doing topical with dmso but its another thing on the list that I have to do.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Does the NOW brand also say "DO not ingest"?

I'm thinking they all do, but that's what makes me hesitate to try it.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Interesting thread. Do people think castor oil will make that much of a difference if you're already on the "big 3"?

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use castor oil orally (3-5ml daily) and have just started topically as well with DMSO, it has thickened my hair up a lot especially around the hairline. However I did quit topical cetirizine around the same time, which is known to inhibit PGE2, so part of it may be because of that.

robot_hair

Reaction score
Does the NOW brand also say "DO not ingest"?

I'm thinking they all do, but that's what makes me hesitate to try it.

My NOW brand bottle states, "For uses other than external, please consult a doctor. Castor oil can have a laxative effect."

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score

armyknife

Reaction score
After seeing many people talk about Castor Oil's effectiveness, I wanted to give it a shot. I have some questions about it though:

1) Do people take this orally or do they use it topically?
2) Is there a specific type or band of castor oil that people recommend around here?
Thankks

I heard people who get their hair wet apply it to the scalp as those who say to put it on the scalp after a shower that makes no sense! It will make your hair look even thinner and not realistic if you have a life outside of home.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I think it would be helpful (and appreciated) if you expounded in greater detail on why you believe castor oil is working well against your male pattern baldness.
Much thanks.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to be adding oral castor oil like I have added topical tea tree oil: it's cheap and easy.

However, I have no expectations.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't ricin the poison that was regularly discussed in Breaking Bad?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also this is quite a read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castor_oil#Punishment

The most famous use as punishment came in Fascist Italy under Benito Mussolini. It was a favorite tool used by the Blackshirts to humiliate their opponents.[SUP][44][/SUP][SUP][45][/SUP][SUP][46][/SUP]Political dissidents were force-fed large quantities of castor oil by Fascist squads. This technique was said to have been originated by Gabriele D'Annunzio. Victims of this treatment did sometimes die, as the dehydrating effects of the oil-induced diarrhea often complicated the recovery from the nightstick beating they also received along with the castor oil; however, even those victims who survived had to bear the humiliation of the laxative effects resulting from excessive consumption of the oil.[SUP][47][/SUP]

That's why you shouldn't chug the castor oil bottle.

I think the recommended "alternative" portion for hair loss is 1 ml.

The amount used to induce excretion in the constipated, birth in the pregnant, and death among 1930s Italian communists is probably higher.