Castor Oil Question

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
This was the link from swisstemples

http://swisstemples.blogspot.com/2015/09/my-progress.html

Looks promising and good to see his progress, however he does say he was NW2 and approaching NW3 but from the pic he showed he looked NW1 or no hair loss even...
Also he looks young like 21-23, at that age you have that ability to recover and regrow at least.

Still I guess until its tried and tested by a good deal of people, I am considering adding it into the mix since I have dark hair and at NW3 ie no hair left in the hair line guess its worth a try. I think ill just try some castor oil with some water on the head once or twice a day.

He's a bit older, around 26 as he said in his blog that his Androgenetic Alopecia started when he was around 17 and his temples have been bald for 'almost 9 years now'. He's also quite obviously not NW1, look at his temples! NW2 at the very least.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
His temples have been slick for nearly a decade?
That's very interesting.
Although his Androgenetic Alopecia obviously began prematurely I'm somewhat surprised it isn't even more aggressive.
I'll have to check out his bio to see how long he has undergoing a beneficial treatment regimen.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm waiting for his updated progress pic. Really curious if those temple hairs grow terminal. Even more curious to see how his updated Seti + PGE2 regime pans out, we've got a bunch of people here on Seti and some even on PGE2 but Swiss is the only one posting some god damn PICTURES (take note folks).

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
+1

FBaldy

Reaction score
He's a bit older, around 26 as he said in his blog that his Androgenetic Alopecia started when he was around 17 and his temples have been bald for 'almost 9 years now'. He's also quite obviously not NW1, look at his temples! NW2 at the very least.

Crickey your right been a long time since I looked at that ole Norwood scale, yeah he looks nw2 as he says. I think I am a NW4-5 at this point :(

Fair game to him though very few on the net can post pics, let alone back it up showing good regrowth. Maybe more need to try castor oil its cheap also will order a bottle soon since I have dark hair and have lived with 8-9 years of non terminal hairs along my hair line its easier to see if anything is working.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing is its cheap on ebay....and simple to add to current routine. Remember if you wait too long it can go also, going to order a bottle and add my mix I won't use the derma roller and take castor oil tablets daily and all that, I think if its going to do anything it can do it with castor oil directly to the scalp.

His pictures are pretty good it almost looks like the hair has grown more on his face and his scalp ! probably what all hair loss sufferers require at this point haha

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Crickey your right been a long time since I looked at that ole Norwood scale, yeah he looks nw2 as he says. I think I am a NW4-5 at this point :(

Fair game to him though very few on the net can post pics, let alone back it up showing good regrowth. Maybe more need to try castor oil its cheap also will order a bottle soon since I have dark hair and have lived with 8-9 years of non terminal hairs along my hair line its easier to see if anything is working.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing is its cheap on ebay....and simple to add to current routine. Remember if you wait too long it can go also, going to order a bottle and add my mix I won't use the derma roller and take castor oil tablets daily and all that, I think if its going to do anything it can do it with castor oil directly to the scalp.

His pictures are pretty good it almost looks like the hair has grown more on his face and his scalp ! probably what all hair loss sufferers require at this point haha

Haha Yeah I also have the wretched phenomenon you speak about of owning more beard on my chin than my head. Hair is a real b**ch.
Now never mind me while I go drown my sorrows in a bottle of Ricinoleic acid. :-(

Keep up with your helpful updates.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
LMAO in another thread about castor oil someone misspelled it as Castrol oil... I am imagining pouring a big jug of Syntec on my head every day.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Haha! You're right there Whatevr.

A double dose of light humor is what we should all incorporate into our daily regimen to break up this overall bleak and dismal outlook hair loss has imposed on us.

Maybe this will add to the amusement? :) http://www.controlchat.com/castor-oil-vs-synthetic-oil/

pistolpete

Reaction score
Been on castor oral and topical for 2 weeks.

Noticed a big shed with topical. Already feel significant change my scalp now I'm seeing tiny hairs in crown area.

Tip: fill a syringe (1 or 2 ml) and squirt it down your throat. Wash it down with a warm tea. You won't taste it much.

oye_rg

Established Member
Reaction score
LMAO in another thread about castor oil someone misspelled it as Castrol oil... I am imagining pouring a big jug of Syntec on my head every day.

I was wondering why my car started growing hair since I changed the engine oil brand to castrol. Now I know :))

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
Swisstemples recommends using topical castor oil with a penetrating vehicle, e.g. ethanol. How much ethanol should I mix with my castor oil? Also, castor oil seems incredibly thick. Is mixing it with ethanol making it thin enough or do you guys mix it with some other thinner oil as well?

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
Swisstemples recommends using topical castor oil with a penetrating vehicle, e.g. ethanol. How much ethanol should I mix with my castor oil? Also, castor oil seems incredibly thick. Is mixing it with ethanol making it thin enough or do you guys mix it with some other thinner oil as well?
Good question. I want to know either.. Topical use is not effective enough withou a carrier.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Lol..,Any chance your car is a Hairbrid?
I was wondering why my car started growing hair since I changed the engine oil brand to castrol. Now I know :))

- - - Updated - - -

I apply my topical dose after a shower, my head is buzzed so I skip towel drying and next I'll mix about 2 ml. minoxidil. to 1 ml. of castor oil all together and cover damp scalp.

Then lastly massage thoroughly and quickly. I am satisfied for now with my custom built approach.

My dandruff (seb.derm.) is markedly improved, and therefore for me any matters of absorption probably can be put to rest.

I think if you're concerned about penetration problems a 1:1 ratio of c.o. and carrier vehicle should be adequate.

As I said before I have severe frontal/vertex loss so naturally for coverage purposes you may need to increase dosage, particularly if you have longer, fuller and/or more voluminous hair. GoodLucKAlways

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on castor oral and topical for 2 weeks.

Noticed a big shed with topical. Already feel significant change my scalp now I'm seeing tiny hairs in crown area.

Tip: fill a syringe (1 or 2 ml) and squirt it down your throat. Wash it down with a warm tea. You won't taste it much.

I suspect the same thing. I'm also shedding like mad. 'Glad' to hear you were too so it might not be just my Androgenetic Alopecia running wild the last few days.
I use quotes because I'm not happy for your loss obviously lol but if its coming back then good. Please keep updating.

Bad

Established Member
Reaction score
What is DMSO ??

Plus wasnt the conclusion about dermarolling that it made scar tissue making it worse for hair grownth in the long run?

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
DMSO=Dimethyl sulphoxide

Reactions: Bad

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is DMSO ??

Plus wasnt the conclusion about dermarolling that it made scar tissue making it worse for hair grownth in the long run?

Quite the opposite. Dermarolling breaks up fibrosis (scar tissue) and the wounding from it sets off a host of growth factors. Its universally positive for hair.

Reactions: Bad

Bad

Established Member
Reaction score
Quite the opposite. Dermarolling breaks up fibrosis (scar tissue) and the wounding from it sets off a host of growth factors. Its universally positive for hair.
Thank you! do you use it? research some more on it then

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you! do you use it? research some more on it then

I've only started using it in the last few weeks. 1.5mm once a week.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I use 0.5mm and it hurts like hell, how do you use 1.5mm? must feel like a meat tenderizer.