Castor Oil, Emu Oil or Coconut Oil?

HLT_Jay

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I'm new here!

Just wanted to ask if any of you have used any of the above and seen noticeable/worthwhile results?

Obviously I've read the testimonials of each but I would have more faith in the information if it's straight from you guys..

My goal is to see my right temple grow back to full strength, there is hair there but it looks very weak. Especially compared to the other side which puts it to shame.

Would it be worth mixing the 3 and using them together for the best result?

P.S I've just started using Kirkland 5% minoxidil to help my hairline and prevent any further diminishing after it was recommended by a friend.

Thanks in Advance :)

worrywart

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
coconut oil makes hair grow. i know someone who uses it on her eyelashes and eyebrows to make them thicker

Natural hair

Reaction score
Hair oils

Hey man, I use hair oils to treat my hair loss. But you should use a boar bristle brush and maybe a derma roller if you want in conjunction with the oils as it will work more effectively. If you want more details then I'd be happy to let you know.

wilson2

Established Member
Reaction score
A bit unrelated: but I find castor oil can work pretty well as a gel especially if your going for a wavy comb over look. Probably not so much a spiky look.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
OP, you better be using proven treatments on top of these oils. By themselves you're not going to get much or keep much. I use castor oil along with minoxidil. It has made my hair look healthier than before.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
OP, you better be using proven treatments on top of these oils. By themselves you're not going to get much or keep much. I use castor oil along with minoxidil. It has made my hair look healthier than before.

Exactly. Use proven treatments as a base then use all the snake oils you want. As a precaution I'd try to research and make sure non of these snake oils interfere with proven treatments such as minoxidil.

cefegro

Reaction score
A friend of mine is using Jamaican Black castor Oil with good results, Im going to try it

Hi Guys, I'm new here!

Just wanted to ask if any of you have used any of the above and seen noticeable/worthwhile results?

Obviously I've read the testimonials of each but I would have more faith in the information if it's straight from you guys..

My goal is to see my right temple grow back to full strength, there is hair there but it looks very weak. Especially compared to the other side which puts it to shame.

Would it be worth mixing the 3 and using them together for the best result?

P.S I've just started using Kirkland 5% minoxidil to help my hairline and prevent any further diminishing after it was recommended by a friend.

Thanks in Advance :)

HLT_Jay

Reaction score
Hey man, I use hair oils to treat my hair loss. But you should use a boar bristle brush and maybe a derma roller if you want in conjunction with the oils as it will work more effectively. If you want more details then I'd be happy to let you know.

Hey, yeah please, I would love to get more info on these techniques

StevenLaventine

Reaction score
Oils alone won't help you much. I been using minoxidil, coconut oil and phytoworx shampoo and have had great results overall. I must add that since I changed my diet I had much better results as well. I am talking more about it on my blog here

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
Castor oil is great if you can get it to absorb. some people mix with dmso or ethanol. Otherise you can take oral 1-2ml/day but this will thicken all your hair. eyelashes, arms, chest etc.