cases of non genetic hairloss?

Oger

Reaction score
Hey all, been browsing the forum for some months now and I have never seen any cases on here be classifies as something non genetic. I lost over 50%of top density in a year, and have no family history of male pattern baldness. One uncle that is bald didn't start loosing until his 40's. Before loss I had been on a malnourished vegan diet, as well as experiencin extreme bouts of stress and anxiety/depression. When I first noticed the loss I told myself it was Telogen Effluvium. Or possibly an auto immune condition as I havent been to a Doctor for tests, it is fairly obvious to me that something is going on within my endocrine system. However month after month I noticed more loss with no recovery in sight. A year later my loss has slowed significantly from loosing 50+hair after 30 seconds of rubbing head to now maybe 8 hairs. But the top looks horrible front of hairline has no recession, but really thin about 2 inches back then a thicker patch, with slight loss towards crown. I have all but accepted that i somehow just got the **** end of the genetic stick. But before I shave and start treatment I want to make sure that no other cases have been attributed to any health reasons. I haven't found any pics of loss that is attributed to a deficiency or auto immune disease however I have read that they can attribute to 5% of cases.

*should also mention I am 22 and experience change in texture and color as well

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey all, been browsing the forum for some months now and I have never seen any cases on here be classifies as something non genetic. I lost over 50%of top density in a year, and hae no family history of male pattern baldness. One uncle that is bald didn't start loosing until his 40's. Before loss I had been on a malnourished vegan diet, as well as experiencin extreme bouts of stress and anxiety/depression. When I first noticed the loss I told myself it was Telogen Effluvium. Or possibly an auto immune condition as I havent been to a Doctor for tests, it is fairly obvious to me that something is going on within my endocrine system. However month after month I noticed more loss with no recovery in sight. A year later my loss has slowed significantly from loosing 50+hair after 30 seconds of rubbing head to now maybe 8 hairs. But the top looks horrible front of hairline has no recession, but really thin about 2 inches back then a thicker patch, with slight loss towards crown. I have all but accepted that i somehow just got the **** end of the genetic stick. But before I shave and start treatment I want to make sure that no other cases have been attributed to any health reasons. I haven't found any pics of loss that is attributed to a deficiency or auto immune disease however I have read that they can attribute to 5% of cases.

Uh...

Post pictures, unless your hairloss is abnormal looking then its probably male pattern baldness.

johnson222

Reaction score
If i have not noticing at the thin hair in my crown in one year i was worse then you man so i guess early diagnosis could help alot.. and the genetic isn't in my side too haha all my family at my dad side are 100% bald except 1 brother that still have an full head of hair what a lucky man, anyway if i was you i'll start the treatment in a second.

shookwun

Reaction score
Very odd pattern.

definitely balding for that matter. Time to home on the drugs

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
Considering your age and the amount of loss, I suspect finasteride could do a very good job here.

br1

Reaction score
Hey all, been browsing the forum for some months now and I have never seen any cases on here be classifies as something non genetic. I lost over 50%of top density in a year, and have no family history of male pattern baldness. One uncle that is bald didn't start loosing until his 40's. Before loss I had been on a malnourished vegan diet, as well as experiencin extreme bouts of stress and anxiety/depression. When I first noticed the loss I told myself it was Telogen Effluvium. Or possibly an auto immune condition as I havent been to a Doctor for tests, it is fairly obvious to me that something is going on within my endocrine system. However month after month I noticed more loss with no recovery in sight. A year later my loss has slowed significantly from loosing 50+hair after 30 seconds of rubbing head to now maybe 8 hairs. But the top looks horrible front of hairline has no recession, but really thin about 2 inches back then a thicker patch, with slight loss towards crown. I have all but accepted that i somehow just got the **** end of the genetic stick. But before I shave and start treatment I want to make sure that no other cases have been attributed to any health reasons. I haven't found any pics of loss that is attributed to a deficiency or auto immune disease however I have read that they can attribute to 5% of cases.

Go see your doctor (could be some other disorder than male pattern baldness)... then get on some treatment.