Capixyl

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
Anybody heard of this?

http://www.unipexinnovations.com/en/pro ... &from=name

The interesting thing is they claim it can can lengthen eye lashes.

I was reading about it on another forum and red flags were raised about it, but apparently the company is offering free trials to people in France.

I don't think it's available yet commercially the company is trying to license the formula to one of the big cosmetics players.

taken from a press release

http://www.unipexinnovations.com/en/new ... =54&y=2011

CapixylTM, a proven alternative to address hair loss

CapixylTM is a biomimetic peptide combined with a red clover extract. Based on the combined and synergistic action of its two ingredients, CapixylTM targets directly three contributing factors in hair loss. It prevents hair miniaturization, favors a better hair anchoring, and reduces inflammation, an aggravating factor in hair loss. CapixylTM is a clinically proven alternative to address hair loss and boost hair growth! Clinical tests demonstrate its effectiveness in increasing the hair density by 46% in addition to being more effective on hair growth than the reference product on the market and without causing side effects.

According to a poster on this Spanish site a trial has been done with 600 users

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... rmd%3Divns

and finally a user from baldtruthtaIk has kindly uploaded this PDF sent to him from Unipex

I don't have any rapid share credits at the moment so i have no idea what's in it

http://rapidshare.com/files/455410854/U ... tie_2_.pdf

< edit this link is no longer valid :( >

I'll write an email to unipex myself to see what they have to say.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Apparently they are going to release it as a shampoo :thumbdown2:

Really can't see how that's going to work really... and certainly not as well as they claim.

However i've e-mailed the UK distributors and asked when it will be released and if they plan on offering a free trial like they are supposed to be doing in France.

I haven't received a response yet, but will post if I do.

ComeOnPropy

Established Member
Reaction score
Well you never know what might happen, could sneak out of left field, if it truely is almost 50% more effectinve then minoxidil and works on say 50 - 70% of people and slows or stops hairloss somehow in 80% like finasteride does, that would be amazing. I wish but lol.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
ComeOnPropy said:
Well you never know what might happen, could sneak out of left field, if it truely is almost 50% more effectinve then minoxidil and works on say 50 - 70% of people and slows or stops hairloss somehow in 80% like finasteride does, that would be amazing. I wish but lol.

They seem like pretty bold claims for something that you basically rub in to your scalp and then wash off straight away.

Like you say it would be amazing... in fact it would be a miracle I think.

Still i'll reserve judgement until its been proved one way or the other.

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
Good work lads,

If this was true it would be fantastic, however i've got to admit i'm pretty doubtful as to whether or not it's effective, at best we can hope for another tricomin / folligen.

We'll just have to see what happens with the french trials, thank goodness for google translate.

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
The eyelash thing got me thinking about the parallels with Bimatoprost as well.

They *claim* it tackles hair loss from three different angles, including DHT inhibition.

So in theory it's the much touted dream fix, however a lot of things coming from Europe through the back door of being a cosmetic product seem to lack any real results in the field.

I thought it would be worth keeping an eye on.

Personally i'm not going for regrowth, i just want to maintain what i had, but if this worked as claimed (which i doubt) i'd use this over Bimatoprost.

It's quite easy to hide the sides of finasteride from my mother (in fact it's encouraged) however if i turned up one day with brown eyes she'd probably ask questions.

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
ComeOnPropy said:
http://www.cosmeticsdesign.com/smartlead/related-products/231311/Unipex-Innovations2

If you go here you can download a link to a flyer that shows a result from the trial and gives a little more of a breakdown.

This might be easier to click on

http://www.cosmeticsdesign.com/content/ ... apixyl.pdf

boooo! the comparisons with minoxidil are in vito.

I'd be interested to see what people think of the use of red clover, as this is the likely ingredient for dht inhibition, it may also be involved as an epidermal growth factor inhibitor which can make hair grow like crazy, according to a previous post though this could be a bad thing.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=47373&p=454388&hilit=red+clover#p454388

I wouldn't mind knowing what the big guns think of this

ComeOnPropy

Established Member
Reaction score
I signed up my company within australia that i use to own, and if they approve my application i will request a sample of this product to use, i know this wont really help but it will get me a chance to try it.

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
Excellent i really hope it works for you, whilst i still can't make my mind up about it the fact they're willing to give this stuff out for free has got to mean something .

It's still free to trial in france so i'm not beyond asking the UK distributors for a few free gram and just being honest with them saying we want to trial it for hairloss.

If unipex do want the big boys to include it in a shampoo then a groundswell of support from the likes of us would surely help.

Innermind

Established Member
Reaction score
ajax said:
ComeOnPropy said:

They seem like pretty bold claims for something that you basically rub in to your scalp and then wash off straight away.

Like you say it would be amazing... in fact it would be a miracle I think.

Still i'll reserve judgement until its been proved one way or the other.

Haven't looked at the results or anything about the product, but it really depends on what chemical is in the product. Some chemicals can be absorbed in seconds into the skin, other chemicals may take hours to fully enter the skin, and others will never penetrate the skin. Method of application is never a red flag for me, unless its something akward like in the anus, that would just be uncomfortable.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
sir chugalot said:
Excellent i really hope it works for you, whilst i still can't make my mind up about it the fact they're willing to give this stuff out for free has got to mean something .

It's still free to trial in france so i'm not beyond asking the UK distributors for a few free gram and just being honest with them saying we want to trial it for hairloss.

If unipex do want the big boys to include it in a shampoo then a groundswell of support from the likes of us would surely help.

Already asked that myself... they never even repsonded to my e-mail, so I think that's not a good sign

knaille12

Reaction score
I was on internet, looking for product with main ingredient like capixyl and i found this
http://www.simontherapie.com/Simon-Ther ... -CARE.aspx

ACETYL TETRAPEPTIDE 3 (stimulates protein synthesis in the matrix, around the hair follicle, thus contributing attachment, strength and better growth of the hair follicle.)

ESSENTIALS OIL: Two flavonoids, alpha glucosyl hesperidin and red clover extract, (with antioxidant properties), Tea Tree Oil (with anti septic properties), Romarin (with astrigent activity.)

VITAMINS: E (antioxidant), B6-PP or B3 (control the seborrheic secretion), Pro-vitamin B5 (covers the hair with a hydrating film.)

OLIGOELEMENTS: Silicium (fights the free radicals), Zn, Magnesium and Copper (stimulate the general metabolism.)

24 CARAT GOLD MICROMETRIC PARTICLES stimulate microcirculation, providing the hair shaft with nutrition and preventing the loss of hair.

It look like Capixyl no ?

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
Oui!

I'd say so, the acetyl tetrapeptide-3 and red clover extract are key ingredients and the product is coming soon, and there are claims it performs better than existing treatments, now i know such things should be taken with a pinch of salt, but it sounds like the marketing for capixyl.

Good spot.

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
knaille12 said:
Hi Sir Chugalot

Do you know where can i buy Capixyl for make my own topic?
Thanks

I'm sorry i've no real idea, I know at one point you could probably get samples, and i read somewhere they were handing it out free in france.

Some people on a spanish forum also tried getting hold of some but the trail goes dead.

Sorry i couldn't be of more help.

http://foro.ganarpelo.org/viewtopic.php?t=28035

knaille12

Reaction score
Thanks Sir

I called them but they didn't want to sold or give me a sample.
They said the final product is in production but not available now.

Jacob

Reaction score
Are you saying you or they are looking for ppl here to be part of that 100? How long is a "set" good for..a month?