CAPEX shampoo

fnlostish

Established Member
Reaction score
Asked my hair transplant Doctor today about INFLAMMATION and resulting hairloss.

Suggested CAPEX shampoo

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
Someone correct me if i'm wrong...

I remember reading about Capex a while back when I was researching treatments for my seb. derm., it's a corticosteroid shampoo. Not to mention the potential side effects of using a topical steroid on your scalp, several users at skincell.org didnt like shampoos like this because they said it worked well at first, but it eventually tapered off and didnt work as well. I remember reading that sometimes the scalp becomes dependent on that medication.

I personally tried locoid lotion (which is also a topical steroid) and at first it worked really really well, my scalp cleared right up. After about a month, however, it stopped working and I had to apply it more and more frequently. I stopped using it.

I dont know, I think Capex is the corticosteroid shampoo. If i'm mistaken disregard what i've said.

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
Capex is def. a corticosteroid shampoo and not good for long term.

fnlostish

Established Member
Reaction score
use was intended in the long term for me ;;;;

but what are the long term usage effects ???

SE-freak

Reaction score
Steroid injections result in thinning of scalp tissue over time.

I am not sure this happens with topical use though.

Healthy, terminal follicles need depth to support them, so this could be a problem.

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
You're right SE, it does thin the skin. I have to use two topical steroids on my hands and have been on and off for nearly a year. My hands have become really sensative, the bones in my hands sometimes hurt, and cut easily, too. No reason why repeated use on the scalp wouldnt have a simlar affect.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Hair loss caused by terrible skin conditions is more akin to scarring alopecia or alopecia areata and whatnot .... why are you on Minoxidil and lasercomb?

Hair loss due to extreme inflammation is not the same as Androgenetic Alopecia.

The causes and the treatments differ.

HairLossTalk.com

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
Who are you talking to HairLossTalk.com?

I'm not on lasercomb. I was but I returned it. I don't believe have hairloss akin to any terrible skin condition -- I use steroids on my hands because I have eczema; I have to use them. I used them on my scalp well over a year ago because my doctor told me it would help my dandruff. I stopped a while ago.

My scalp used to be horrible -- I have/had seb. derm.. . Or that's what the doctor diagnosed me with. It's since gone away though; it's been gone for nearly 6 months except for about a week or so 3 months ago.

I only use minoxidil on my temples... because no hair is growing there anymore.

fall