CAN'T use Min, messes with my heart, any other suggestions?

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi I need a RE - growth stimulant.

Is there anything else besindes minoxidil that will give RE growth? I'm diffused and it's becoming so extensive that .50cent size bald spots are common. :(

majorsixth

Established Member
Reaction score
Initial problems using minoxidil like you mention can occur because you maybe applying too much in one treatment.

I had problems like this when i started. I simply used a small amount first and gradually increased it as i went along.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
majorsixth said:
Initial problems using minoxidil like you mention can occur because you maybe applying too much in one treatment.

I had problems like this when i started. I simply used a small amount first and gradually increased it as i went along.

Hmmm, never thought of this. Thanks good idea.

pidda

Established Member
Reaction score
Tried to use a small amount and I still got the weird heart-related side effects. Plus I was just using it once a week. It fucked my body up real bad when I was using it everyday.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
pidda said:
Tried to use a small amount and I still got the weird heart-related side effects. Plus I was just using it once a week. It f***ed my body up real bad when I was using it everyday.

You know now that I remember, so did I.

I placed only a small amount on my temples and I STILL got the heart palpitations. It's scary. Beating FAST. And really really STRONG.
BOOM BOOM BOOM BA BOOM BOOM

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How old are you, out of interest?

I get very minor anxiety attacks (heart palpitations) where your heartbeat feels irregular from time to time, some of my friends do too. I'm 28. I've discussed this with family and my doctor and apparently it's quite normal (but still scary).

I sometimes wonder if the 'process' of applying topicals can actually bring on anxiety attacks. Namely it feels secretive, you tend to hold your breath, your hands are over your head... etc. etc... :dunno:

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm in my 30's and yes Min does this to me. So I'm going to have to just leave it. I'm going to try the Monistat consistently to see if it helps. I'd like to get a hold of the 4%. Wonder if it will regrow.

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
The first time I applied it I got a pounding sensation in the temples.

Recently I got dry patches under my eye, which darkened.

I managed to use 1/4 of a cap full now and I don't get this any more.

However, I do get the slight pounding sensation if I am tired when I apply it.

I think it does depend on the amount we use but it's not the easiest thing to apply to your scalp since there's hair in the way (it's not like applying sun lotion to skin for example).

Have you considered trying a lower concentration of minoxidil?

hammer2012

Reaction score
everybody reacts differently. i can't use liquid minoxidil(rogaine, kirkland etc), as soon as i start liquid minoxidil the lymph nodes on my upper neck gets bigger however with the foam they dont so i guess it's the PG vehicle

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wstef said:
The first time I applied it I got a pounding sensation in the temples.

Recently I got dry patches under my eye, which darkened.

I managed to use 1/4 of a cap full now and I don't get this any more.

However, I do get the slight pounding sensation if I am tired when I apply it.

I think it does depend on the amount we use but it's not the easiest thing to apply to your scalp since there's hair in the way (it's not like applying sun lotion to skin for example).

Have you considered trying a lower concentration of minoxidil?
I tried only using a little on the temples and above the ears, but still got that pounding sensation. Scary.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
IDW2BB said:
If it is messing with your heart, stop using it. Just like if you have a really bad reaction to finasteride.

Stop using it.

If you are sensitive to the stuff, even at low doses, it can still F*CK you up.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. I think I'd better stay clear of it. No one needs heart problems. Plus i'm way to young to start that.

findmyhair

Reaction score
rwhairlosstalk said:
IDW2BB said:
If it is messing with your heart, stop using it. Just like if you have a really bad reaction to finasteride.

Stop using it.

If you are sensitive to the stuff, even at low doses, it can still F*CK you up.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. I think I'd better stay clear of it. No one needs heart problems. Plus i'm way to young to start that.

When I started minoxidil i could hear my heart beat when i had my head on my pillow before i went to sleep, not sure if that is heart palpitations but the more i worried the more it got worse, as a previous poster said maybe anxiety. Im still on minoxidil using twice a day and no adverse side effects and dont have the palpatations anymore maybe worrying plays a part, health is always best maybe test a small amount a day first like 0.5 ml once a day. If that still brings out bad results give up if ok carry on and maybe increase to 1 ml a day and so on

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
maybe you could try Procyanidin B2. There is a topical that Revigen sell.

Its been shown to grow hair in humans in a Japanese study. You could use that instead of minoxidil. No side effects. Procyanidin B2 comes from apple extract.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
blaze said:

Its been shown to grow hair in humans in a Japanese study. You could use that instead of minoxidil. No side effects. Procyanidin B2 comes from apple extract.
Wow I'll give that a try. Nothing should hurt. How do you find it?

Reaction score
blaze said:

I tried the Procyanidin (B2) topical by apple poly along with the apple poly capsules. It didn't do anything for me. But at least they refunded my money as their website advertised.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
MarkMaybeakook said:
blaze said:

I tried the Procyanidin (B2) topical by apple poly along with the apple poly capsules. It didn't do anything for me. But at least they refunded my money as their website advertised.

Thanks for that info. that's the type of info one needs to provide and others need to hear. Usually with dht related hair loss what works for one will work for another. Like the big 3.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
rwhairlosstalk said:
blaze said:

Wow I'll give that a try. Nothing should hurt. How do you find it?

I have only just started it, so cant comment yet.

I have not heard any good reviews on Apple Poly. Not saying theirs is no good, just saying ive never seen any positive testimonies.

I have read 1 on Revigen here:

chessmaniac12 wrote:

My cousin used a b2 Dimer lotion % 2 for 5-6 months. (with Pantenol (provitamin B5 and allantoin)

He got thicker hairs, had good re-growth.

You can find it on ebay. Its full name is: Revigen Vinifolin Hair Tonic Spray

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The short answer is NO. No other growth stimulants work, period. If you can't use minoxidil sorry you're out of luck :(

rwhairlosstalk, do I remember correctly that you are in fact female?

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
:shock:

:sobbing:

Yes, I am.

I tried it in alcohol form. I wonder if it's in a cream form, will it still have the same effect on me. But still to your answer :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: