can't efffing take it anymore...

jeffsss

Reaction score
It's like a bad dream every time i wake up..

wake up and you feel a breeze on your scalp from the fan. reach for your head and there is absolutley no density like there once was.

go take a look at yourself in the mirror and it's not you!

go to the shower and you can't help to look at your hands once you've shampooed...

urggggggggggggg.... I hate hair loss..
and i wouldnt care if my head was normal size and my pores wouldnt produce a gallon of oil. but this combo is a disiaster.... damn....

G

Jeff, I know how you feel, I know it. I wake up in the morning. I am feeling ok. Five seconds later I get reminded on my hair loss and the day is gone...... No more joy, no more energy, only deep depression.

When I take a look in the mirror I see my totally fucked up hair line and my huge forehead.
When I do pushups I see all these poor, dead hairs who used to be on my head a few days ago.

Yep, I know how it feels when I have shampooed and look into my hands. It is so disturbing. How can people live and accept their hair loss? Is this possible?

G

Accepting Hairloss

Accepting hairloss is not easy. It is downright one of the most humiliating experiences you will ever face. But you must. I'm 40 now, and I started becoming bald at 17. HairSystems are nothing but 21st century snake oils. Save your money, and please don't embarrass yourself by glueing toupees on your head. That is what they all look like. Don't kid yourself. Notice how they all say periodic "sheds" are normal? Dogs shed periodically, not humans. Bald men shed once, and once is enough! Don't you young guys waste your 20s by throwing all your money away. Shave your head, accept being bald, and then forget it. Unfortunately, I think you younger guys won't take my advice, thinking anything on your head(like glued-on carpet fabric) is better than a shiny chromdome. One day you'll realize that there is no cure for baldness(as of 2006), and that you were cruelly ripped off. Save your money. Eventually, you will accept being bald, and actually liking it. It will take you a while, though.[/b]

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Accepting Hairloss

dukshyboy said:
Accepting hairloss is not easy. It is downright one of the most humiliating experiences you will ever face. But you must. I'm 40 now, and I started becoming bald at 17. HairSystems are nothing but 21st century snake oils. Save your money, and please don't embarrass yourself by glueing toupees on your head. That is what they all look like. Don't kid yourself. Notice how they all say periodic "sheds" are normal? Dogs shed periodically, not humans. Bald men shed once, and once is enough! Don't you young guys waste your 20s by throwing all your money away. Shave your head, accept being bald, and then forget it. Unfortunately, I think you younger guys won't take my advice, thinking anything on your head(like glued-on carpet fabric) is better than a shiny chromdome. One day you'll realize that there is no cure for baldness(as of 2006), and that you were cruelly ripped off. Save your money. Eventually, you will accept being bald, and actually liking it. It will take you a while, though.[/b]

allelujah......shout it from the rooftops...at last somebody else who speaks the truth....painful though it may be to all you guys on here.

i was wondering when somebody else would 'come out' and say this.

dukshyboy....same regimen as me....we learnt the hard way but fortunately didnt cost me more than £100.

thats how much my one and only toupee cost. it's now gone to hamster heaven.

wish i could help alleviate the pain all these young guys on here are experiencing but they're just going to have to take the same ride we did

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Accepting Hairloss

dukshyboy said:
Accepting hairloss is not easy. It is downright one of the most humiliating experiences you will ever face. But you must. [/b]

I refuse to give up hope - I'll never wear a toupee, or get a hair transplant. I'm not even very keen on the idea of HM, but I will continue to pursue natural and topical treatments. I've resigned myself to a lifetime of hats - I don't mind them now, but I'll never give up hope of regaining a little of what I've lost. Humiliating is a very powerful word, and it DOES reflect the power of emotion that goes with this sh*t.

G

IBM said:
dukshy boy: dont forget that hairloss is health problem not only about the visual. The itches, blood and flaking are really painful.

huh?

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
IBM said:
dukshy boy: dont forget that hairloss is health problem not only about the visual. The itches, blood and flaking are really painful.

huh?

Yeah, I wondered about that too.

Maybe you should see your doctor, IBM, just to get your scalp checked and make sure there's nothing serious there (apart from male pattern baldness).

G

ginald, I appreciate your post. I never went on any kind of a "regimen", knowing they were all useless. What these young guys will have to learn the hard way is that they are no longer teenage boys with great hair, but young adults rapidly becoming bald men. Hard to face, of course. But glueing a 1970s shag carpet remnant to the top of your head will not only fool no one, but you will be advertising the fact that you are shamed, insecure, and dumb enough to waste thousands of dollars, and at least 3 hours a day to look like Mel Cooley with a dead squirl stapled to his head. If you don't know classic T.V. comedies, just Google 'ole Mel. You'll get the message between the eyes( or above the eyes!) if you click images. I know from 20 years of experiences what I'm talking about, so please face reality. One day you will be happy you never degraded yourself by wearing a stupid and obvious looking rug.[/b]

Felk

Reaction score
I agree with the rugs, but I don't think the regimens are useless...

You're not confusing treatment regimens with hair systems are you?

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
Felk said:
I agree with the rugs, but I don't think the regimens are useless...

You're not confusing treatment regimens with hair systems are you?

i think dukshyboy is referring not just to rugs but also to all the 'regrow your hair' products that the pharmaceuticals want to sell you.

one day a proper cure for baldness will be found but at present they're just 'stop-gap' methods.....yeah you might get a bit of regrowth...yeah it might slow the fallout rate but in the end you WILL lose your hair.

but while there's hope, you guys are desperate to hang onto that hope, no matter how slender those hopes are.

i understand that...so does dukshyboy because it's awful difficult to accept the alternative i'e. baldness.

however let me ask you all this......would you pay hundreds of dollars for an electrical appliance or for a car that didn't work?

thought not.....so why fork out a fortune for these topical solutions that dont guarantee your hair back?????

brothers, we're still in snake oil territory.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
IBM said:
tchehov said:
Taugenichts said:
IBM said:

huh?

Yeah, I wondered about that too.

Maybe you should see your doctor, IBM, just to get your scalp checked and make sure there's nothing serious there (apart from male pattern baldness).

Dont you have itches and some wounds that appear randomly in scalp. I thought at least itches was part of male pattern baldness.

Some balding men do seem to experience itching, especially as part of the treatment process. And some flaking too. But blood is altogether different - it may be you have a scalp or skin disorder. Go to your doctor and ask him to examine your scalp. Ask him to recommend a cream or ointment - I find sudocream quite soothing on the skin, or try E45 or Aqueous Cream - they have healing and antiseptic properties. Best of luck.