Can't afford Propecia!!

faust405245

Reaction score
I really want to buy some but can't afford it. If I go to my GP (UK) and get a prescription is it as expensive as just ordering off the internet?

£400 for the year is beyond me and my credit card is maxed already. Hate the thought that perhaps I can slow down the rate of my balding but I can't afford it. Maybe a bank loan would sort me out. :)

faust405245

Reaction score
Oh, also, I don't really know a great deal about propecia. i've been doing a fair amount of reading though and my understanding is that regaine (which is all Im using at the moment) will, if Im very lucky, lead to a bit of regrowth, maybe improve my dying hair but it wont stop the balding. For this I need propecia. Is that right?

I'm not balding much, not severely. My hair can disguise it pretty well. Its mainly just temple receding. Is is best to start early with propecia though? I mean there aren't any downsides to starting when you haven't lost much hair are there? Surely the earlier you catch it the better?

Thanks.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well if you can't get your proscar you can get regaine from boots, it's pretty cheap in bulk

as far as your money goes i thought i would show you http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ , might be able to help you as far as money goes
uk doctors don't know finesteride as well as us ones and usually doctors don't like prescribing drugs they have no experience with, getting 5mg finasteride will be tricky no doubt about it

first

Established Member
Reaction score
Propecia cost me 0.39$ per month, I don't understand how people can't afford that, it costs less than a lollipop per month.

southerndrawl

Reaction score
I always thought it was too expensive as well until I looked at the daily cost. I'm on real propecia and it cost me about $2.50 a pill. Thats $2.50 a day. You should easily be able to save that much. I used to buy a couple drinks from the machines at school (I'm in college) each day. I just stopped buying those drinks. Now I can fit propecia into my budget.

Biotos

My Regimen
Reaction score
My insurance is, so far, refusing to cover Finasteride. I know that insurance will cover 5mg finasteride for prostate problems(proscar) but will not cover 1mg of it for hair growth. Anyway I get finasteride online. Way cheaper...
propaf.png

Last edited:

JonnyL

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really want to buy some but can't afford it. If I go to my GP (UK) and get a prescription is it as expensive as just ordering off the internet?

£400 for the year is beyond me and my credit card is maxed already. Hate the thought that perhaps I can slow down the rate of my balding but I can't afford it. Maybe a bank loan would sort me out. :)

Buy it from the Oxfrod Online Pharmacy: https://www.oxfordonlinepharmacy.co.uk/search/go?w=propecia

It's 40 odd quid including delivery. You don't have to take 1mg a day. Split the pills. 0.5 has been proven to be nearly as effective as 1mg so that would work out to 20 quid a month.

If you have to, quarter the pills (will last you 4 months). 10 quid a month. 0.25 is also very effective. They actually sell Propecia in Japan in 0.2mg doses.

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I paid $100 exactly for my first months supply. I paid $4 for generic 5 mg finasteride tablets that would've lasted 4 months, so that was almost free, but I've heard too many anecdotes about the generics not being effective and I'm not taking any chances.

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I always thought it was too expensive as well until I looked at the daily cost. I'm on real propecia and it cost me about $2.50 a pill. Thats $2.50 a day. You should easily be able to save that much. I used to buy a couple drinks from the machines at school (I'm in college) each day. I just stopped buying those drinks. Now I can fit propecia into my budget.
I know where you're coming from but that's actually 75 a month. Almost a grand a year.

You can get generic for about a tenth the price.