Canadians, where do you order your finasteride online?

beraldy

Reaction score
CCS said:
Wuffer said:
Unfortunately I don't believe we have the same Walmart generics program that you guys have down there in the states. Like everything else, us Canadians are gouged on the cost of medications. We can't even get 5% minoxidil up here without a prescription.. a 1-month supply of 2% runs for about $50.. No rogaine foam either. If you try to order it online, customs doesn't let it in the country. Talk about frustrating!

Even worse is the cost of booze.. We average $25 for a 12-pack of decent beer. Closer to $50 for a 1l bottle of liquor. Not to bad mouth the country, because it is definitely beautiful.. But the cost of living up here is absoutely rediculous.

Makes me glad to be an american. When the laws down here get kind of ridiculous, and I think of leaving, I always learn that other countries are far worse.

How free is Australia?

These are just prescription drug laws. It's not an absolute thing in all aspects of society. Canadian drinking age 18-19 varying from province to province, a political culture not afraid of simple concepts like sexuality and evolution, no death penalty, etc. :)

NotoriousBig_S

Reaction score
Wuffer said:
NotoriousBig_S said:
I'm wondering if there's any kind soul willing in the to purchase and send finasteride for me. I have no means of getting it in Canada, since my doctor won't prescribe it for me.
:(

I wouldn't recommend doing this. You might get enough to last you a couple months, but no one here is going to be a reliable enough source to keep sending you the stuff for the next 10 years.

Find a different doctor, or keep going to clinics until you find someone that will prescribe it to you. Clinics are free and bountiful in Canada, so keep trying. I got a prescription for Proscar my first time going to a clinic. No reason they shouldn't give it to you, unless you are under 18.

Ok I might give the clinic-shopping a try. In the meantime, I purchase the finasteride available on this site, or the ones Luther007 suggested.

Thanks

NotoriousBig_S

Reaction score
alright I got my prescription, and now will go purchase. Much more at ease buying it from a brick-and-motor pharmacy....

Thanks for the nudging Wuffer!

crohm

Reaction score
Just curious, how much does it cost you here in Canada? I wouldn't mind going and getting a prescription if it was relatively cheap.. as in <100$ for a year's supply of proscar (cut into 4ths of course).

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got your prescription! It's easy, and I don't think any doctor will deny you unless you are very young or they just plain haven't heard of the drug.

A years supply of 5MG finasteride runs about $150 from Costco. A year supply of generic 1MG finasteride runs around $400, and brand name propecia is around $800/year. It's pretty clear who the winner is here! I also have no problem splitting my 5mg tabs into quarters; just use a blade from a box cutter and it's easy as pie.

ryder

Established Member
Reaction score
I just got mine (Proscar) from the local shoppers drugmart pharmacy, 30x 5mg tablets for 75$.

I could have gone to Costco and gotten the same thing for $25, but i don't have a costco card at the moment. I'll pobably get my refill in 10 or so months at costco and save the $50.

Either way, 75$ for 10 months is cheap.