Canada Finpecia/Generic Propecia

benson81

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm brand new and I am 23 and have been seeing an obvious receiting hair line in the last couple of months. Does anyone have a website where I can order generic propecia/finasteride/finpecia for cheaper than what it sells for at the pharmacy. I am in Canada and all the websites I have visited do not ship to Canada.

As you know Propecia is quite expensive and I'd like to find it cheaper.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and good luck

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi brand new benson.

Proscar is the the same drug as Propecia, both drugs are made by Merck and have identical ingredients, the only difference being Proscar is 5mg and Propecia is 1mg. As they sell for roughly the same price Proscar works out 5 times cheaper if you cut up the pills into 5 parts and take 1mg a day.

http://www.qhi.co.uk

there are many other sites that sell Proscar.

benson81

Reaction score
And how do you cut the drugs up? And is it difficult? And specifically is cutting in 5 difficult?

Thanks

benson81

Reaction score
C'mon, help me out Canadian folks. Do all Canadians pay exhorbitant prices for Propecia, any help would be welcome.

Thank you

Nuno

Reaction score
It is true that alot of these sites won't ship to Canada but if you search around enough you'll find some that do. I've had good luck with drugs-one.com. I believe they're pharma-orders.com now. Some of the sites that don't ship to Canada actually will if you email them and say you only want to order a small supply. Canada customs isn't a problem if you keep orders small enough that they can fit in an envelope.

VWdude

Reaction score
I live in canada too... and I pay out the *** for propecia.. its sad.

benson81

Reaction score
Nuno, is it illegal?

Do you have any insight on why they won't ship to Canada?

I know it may seem like a 'dumb' question but I just want to know in case I do do it.

Thank you for the heads up and the website.

P.S. I just paid out of my *** for my first month as well.

Such is life, I guess.

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
benson81 said:
And how do you cut the drugs up? And is it difficult? And specifically is cutting in 5 difficult?

Thanks

It's a pill !! It is not hard to work out, go get an asprin and practice if the idea of having to cut a pill into smaller pieces worries you.

Saltwater77

Reaction score
benson81 said:
Nuno, is it illegal?

It's not illegal, it just that Canada Customs has been holding shippments for 45 working days (over two months) and physically inspecting the packages. For that reason; alot of the web suppliers have stoped shipping to Canada outright.
Here are a few that will ship to Canada.

http://www.trustpharma.com sells 5mg Fincar <$1.00 per pill (will be held by customs) I can vouch for them, but takes forever to get them.

http://www.cutpricepills.com sells 5mg generic proscar ~$0.80 per pill (they say they don't list the contents when shipping, so hopefully it wont get held by customs) I just ordered from them, i'll let ya know how it goes

matt_1_

Reaction score
VWdude said:

Yup...the little pink pill doesn't come cheap...
Plus don't even think about getting dutasteride...2 dermatologists didn't know what it was, the third told me there wasn't enough research on it to give it a try. None of the web sites I visited would send it over the border without a prescription...

eric99

Reaction score
Saltwater77 said:
benson81 said:
Nuno, is it illegal?

It's not illegal, it just that Canada Customs has been holding shippments for 45 working days (over two months) and physically inspecting the packages. For that reason; alot of the web suppliers have stoped shipping to Canada outright.
Here are a few that will ship to Canada.

http://www.trustpharma.com sells 5mg Fincar <$1.00 per pill (will be held by customs) I can vouch for them, but takes forever to get them.

http://www.cutpricepills.com sells 5mg generic proscar ~$0.80 per pill (they say they don't list the contents when shipping, so hopefully it wont get held by customs) I just ordered from them, i'll let ya know how it goes

so did customs hold it or did you receive it in good time?

VWdude

Reaction score
not-so-hairy said:
VWdude said:

It's about $110ish for an 8 month supply here (NS). What's it like there?

72 dollars for one month... I almost don't want to do the math because I know it hurts just to think about it...

but hey, I know one thing is for certain, its saving my hair.

Saltwater77

Reaction score
eric99 said:
so did customs hold it or did you receive it in good time?

The order i placed with Cutpricepills was not held and arrived about 12 days after ordering.. My order with trustphara, which i placed about 1 week prior to ordering from cutpricepills has not arrived :p

not-so-hairy

Reaction score
VWdude said:
not-so-hairy said:
VWdude said:

It's about $110ish for an 8 month supply here (NS). What's it like there?

72 dollars for one month... I almost don't want to do the math because I know it hurts just to think about it...

but hey, I know one thing is for certain, its saving my hair.

sorry, I meant to put $110 CDN for an 8 week supply. (not month). Which works out to about $660/year - ouch. I'm starting to wonder if it is working... it'll be 1 year sometime this month and I'm definately no further ahead - what I don't know is if I'm worse. Anyway I would have thought that it would be the same price in all provinces... I guess not. It's a shame it isn't covered like most drugs here... something about it being for "cosmetic" reasons. I'd argue that it's anti-depression and should be covered!