Can Your Body Handle finasteride Better The Second Time?

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I took finasteride fo 4 months but even at low doses 0.25mg i was getting sides

I want to try again as i stopped and after a few months felt good
Higher libido happier more energy less water retention in face etc better orgasms

But my hair looks so bad each day
Maybe i can handle it better a second time?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stay away from it. Just go bald. We don't want a dozen threads about how you're shrinking and getting fat.

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I took finasteride for nearly a year many years ago, and to this day I still suffer from sides albeit fairly mildly, but they are still there nonetheless

I wish I could just take the pill like million of people and keep my hair but I cant. You and me are in the same boat I'm afraid and nothing will be different second time around

Hmm what sides do you still suffer from?

I feel the same tbh, mentally i swear i've never felt the same since taking the drug. i can't describe it.It's like part ofmy mind hs been blunted. Before finasteride i was very creative, entrepreneurial type of thinker, i was witty, i liked making people laugh ever since taking the drug i swear it's like my personality has changed, like part of me has been numbed. its hard to describe.

No8Evo

Reaction score
Your body is not likely to react differently if you take the same medication, dose, and route you did the first time. Whatever made you susceptible to getting side effects from oral Finasteride has not changed.

You do have the option of trying topical Finasteride. There is less systemic absorption with the topical, which will likely result in less side effects. Start out applying a few times a week and SLOWLY work your way up. The goal is to have a regimen that you can tolerate long term, so don't rush it. Even if you end up with a 3x a week or EOD regimen, it's better than nothing.

Also, if you are not taking the full dose of a DHT inhibitor, make sure the rest of your regimen is spot on. Minoxidil, Ketoconazole shampoo, dermaroller, laser helmet, ect -- anything that has a realistic chance of helping you.

From JAAD (Journal from the American Academy of Dermatology" published in 2013:
"The PK (pharmacokinetic) profiles of finasteride after single and multiple doses of the oral formulation were consistent with literature data. As expected, systemic absorption and extent of exposure were much lower with P-3074 (topical finasteride) than with the oral formulation."

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought it still decreases DHT as much as the oral longterm
It does go systemic, but compared to oral finasteride, it's in very small amounts. As a result, it causes a small reduction in serum DHT of over 15-30%.

Scalp DHT reduction remains the same (or it might even be a little stronger with topical finasteride).

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
It does go systemic, but compared to oral finasteride, it's in very small amounts. As a result, it causes a small reduction in serum DHT of over 15-30%.

Can you link a study for that? All the ones I have found catched up to oral finasteride long term

Scalp DHT reduction remains the same (or it might even be a little stronger with topical finasteride).

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
In case the post above is invisible (idk why weird forum) I was curious if there were any studies that showed low serum inhibition and high scalp inhibition long term. I would like to see to formulate some stuff myself but couldn't find any that has this specific claim long term

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
How do i make it at home and how often do i use it?
I watcheda YouTube video and just crushed 1mg into some L oreal hair thickening solution i forgot the name

Will this work?

I
Too little dose

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ur a hypocondriac. Finasteride is not for you, not even topical. Deal with it and move on.

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
everybody reacts differently to finasteride. If you had sides the first time, why should it change the second time?
Unfortunately Scared of Balding is right.