Can you use oral minoxidil and liquid minoxidil at the same time?

James227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pretty much as the title says really. I’ve been using liquid minoxidil for about 6/7 years, just started taking oral minoxidil about 2 months ago. Currently on 1.25mg but increasing it slowly every few weeks or so. I’m just really scared to stop using something (liquid) that I’ve been using for so long. But obviously, if it’s dangerous or whatever to combine the two then I will have to. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, James.

And yeh, I’m on finasteride (for years), dermaneedling, shampoos, vitamins, all that crap. My life literally revolves around this sh*t!

James227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I do it
Thanks mate. What dose do you take? I want to get up to at least 2.5/5mg but when I went straight in at that I got a muzzy head and chest pains. Slowly working back up to it with (touch wood) no sides.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did it for like a year, stopped, now im doing it again, needling with foam and taking either 5 or 10mg oral minoxidil.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm applying kirkland liquid once a day probably since the last 5 years, I'm drinking 10mg kirkland everyday the last 4 months - still alive

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm applying kirkland liquid once a day probably since the last 5 years, I'm drinking 10mg kirkland everyday the last 4 months - still alive
how topical do you apply in conjuction to the oral? is it really benefical to do both ( i mean 10 mg might be more than enough)?

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
how topical do you apply in conjuction to the oral? is it really benefical to do both ( i mean 10 mg might be more than enough)?
I'm not sure if the topical is helping or not, but I'd been applying it for years so am continuing

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pretty much as the title says really. I’ve been using liquid minoxidil for about 6/7 years, just started taking oral minoxidil about 2 months ago. Currently on 1.25mg but increasing it slowly every few weeks or so. I’m just really scared to stop using something (liquid) that I’ve been using for so long. But obviously, if it’s dangerous or whatever to combine the two then I will have to. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, James.

And yeh, I’m on finasteride (for years), dermaneedling, shampoos, vitamins, all that crap. My life literally revolves around this sh*t!
Yes, as many other stupid brainless thing that you can do in life. Most of them, are funnier .

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
keep us updated...
i switched from topical to oral (5mg first and now 10 for about 6 month), was working quite fine, until it wasnt...
even hypertrichosis stopped and hair doesnt grow as fast as it used to anymore...

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
st
keep us updated...
i switched from topical to oral (5mg first and now 10 for about 6 month), was working quite fine, until it wasnt...
even hypertrichosis stopped and hair doesnt grow as fast as it used to anymore...
strange, so at 10 mg the result wans't good enough? i can only imagine the crazy hypertrichosis with such a massive dosage

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
st

strange, so at 10 mg the result wans't good enough? i can only imagine the crazy hypertrichosis with such a massive dosage
the result were bot bad in the beginning, but somehow it stopped, might just be normal and from
now on its maintenance...

should maybe up the dutasteride dose to 1mg...

i dont know, i got to say that medicine in general doesnt work that good on me... like painkillers, i need quite a few of the strongest ones... dentist uses three injections... and so on...
im also never sick, not even a headache, so maybe its just my body and it shouldnt be used as an example...