Can You Use Nizoral Everyday If Use A Conditioner To Neutralise The Drying Effect?

TitsWillSag

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a very inflammed scalp and i believe its inhibiting the efficacy of my regimen. no other shampoo helped apart from Nizoral and Regenepure Dr (both with 1% ketoconazole).

The problem is, at the start, i used nizoral straight for 4 days (yes, all 4 days consecutively) and it really controlled my scalp itching and pain !!! It was beautiful. Everyday was improvement and i felt no itch on 4th day. But it was drying my scalp so i gave a day off and the inflammation/itch returned.
I am now on 3-4 days a week and by giving days off, and I don’t feel improvement from this point onward.

Regenepure dr on the other hand can be used everyday but i’ve run out of it and its not available on amazon currently (strange).
So i only have Nizoral.

can it be that inflammation will go away with time if i use Nizoral (1% keto) 3/4 times a week and i should use only 3/4 times a week rather than using everyday or i need to use everyday if it helps my scalp and i use a conditioner with it ?

can using nizoral everyday hurt my hair?

please help!!!

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use it every day too

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you deal with the drying effect ? and is it bad for hair to use everyday?
I have been using it for 3 years without any conditioner and my hair is pretty long too. I think hair type makes a difference but I'd add an oil inside Nizoral

jazz1

Reaction score
I use mixed shampoos that contain Ketaconazole (Regenepure DR/Lipogaine/Revita) everyday day in fact I wish my hair twice per day and have been doing so for the last 4 years.

I do use 2% ketaconazole (Nizoral) every other day and condition my scalp daily. I also use hair oils by Divine herbal every other night.

Who Farted

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s really not a good idea to use it daily. It’s not even a good idea to use standard clarifying shampoo daily. Both destroy your hair cuticle, but Nizoral is the most damaging. If you insist on doing this, use conditioner on your hair before and after to help protect it.

Keep in mind Nizoral is for your scalp, not your hair. Conditioner is for your hair, not your scalp. Putting either in the wrong place is going to cause further Problems. If your hair isn’t protected and isn’t abnormally strong it’s going to look like straw and break easily. Oil comes from the scalp and works its way down the hair strand. Your hair needs this oil to protect it. When you shampoo with Nizoral or other harsh clarifying shampoo, you strip your hair of that layer. Do it too often and the hair never gets the oil it needs to stay strong.

This is less of an issue at shorter lengths or with particularly robust hair strength. That being said, overtime it will erode even the strongest hair. Towel drying it or blow drying it increases the risk exponentially. If you have to use it daily condition hair (not scalp), nizoral the roots (not hair), condition hair again.

Last edited:

LowHairLine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
NIZORAL DAILY
I use it daily for over a year now -
and it's the 2% version & sitting on my scalp 30 min -

and my hair hasn't looked so good for a long time:
thickness and volume seems close to teen levels (!)

I do use ABUNDANT quantities of Conditioner afterwards:
without it, long hair turns straw and is nearly impossible to comb...

I was inspired by the below @IdealForehead post:
"Use the keto 2% shampoo daily... Use a conditioner if it's too drying. Twice a week is for fungal infections not treatment of baldness. No point in the 1%. You could also add a nizoral cream to your routine..."

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...hampoo-10-month-progress.110448/#post-1591296

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
NIZORAL DAILY

"Use the keto 2% shampoo daily... Use a conditioner if it's too drying. Twice a week is for fungal infections not treatment of baldness. No point in the 1%. You could also add a nizoral cream to your routine..."

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...hampoo-10-month-progress.110448/#post-1591296
What else do you use

jazz1

Reaction score
NIZORAL DAILY

Snap I used it every other day and I use 1% Keto based shampoos daily twice per day, Regenepure DR/Revita/Lipogaine BIG3. I also oil my scalp every other day with Divine Herbal Oils and condition daily.