Can You Use Minoxidil On Your Donor Area Post Transplant

MR sinister

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, I’m 3 weeks post fue surgery. I was wondering if anyone has used minoxidil on their donor area to speed up the regrowth process? I’m quite patchy in places so keen to speed up the regrowth.

Thanks

MR sinister

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes you are fine to use it now

Thanks for the response. Have you had a transplant and if so did you use min in the donor area? If so how were the results? If not, do you have any knowledge of using min on a donor area. Is it worth doing?

Thanks for your wisdom

MxMa

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started with minoxidil 3weeks post fue on both donor+recipient area. And later only recipient. Everything OK

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Have you had a transplant and if so did you use min in the donor area? If so how were the results? If not, do you have any knowledge of using min on a donor area. Is it worth doing?

Thanks for your wisdom

Yes I've had FUE, I began using minoxidil after about 10 days...some doctors say 7 days, some say longer. I guess as long as you dont have any side effects eg. sore scalp from its use then you are fine.

My donor looks normal now, recipient is starting to take shape now...4months in.