Can You Tell Me My Type Of Baldness?

Tonixity

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think my hairline is solid as it hasn't moved an inch for years but now I'm 26 and it's been 6+ years I'm losing hair in the shower, especially in the past 1.5/2 years. Since a year now each time I rub my hair with my hands in the shower I would have 20 pieces of it in my hands. I would never sunburn before but now I get burnt more easily on the vertex where I lose most of my hair.

I saw a derm in 2013 who prescribed me Minoxidil and it worked wonders after a few weeks as it seemed that I wasn't losing nearly as much hair as before, my hair was more solid and less weak. I stopped because I didn't feel like I would need to start that lifetime treatment now and I had some time.

Now in 2017 I am wondering if I should start soon as it seems to accelerate..

What do you guys think? Also I started Nizoral and Tsal because my hair gets oily and itch if I don't shampoo every day. Like I would scratch and have white/yellow deposits on my nails.

Attachments

• IMG_5591.JPG
    IMG_5591.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_5594-1.JPG
    IMG_5594-1.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_5596-1.JPG
    IMG_5596-1.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_5593.JPG
    IMG_5593.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 286

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately, male pattern baldness

Why you stopped minoxidil, start this again

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
Male pattern baldness.

Hairline is intact and you're still young.

Finasteride could work wonders with thickening up and maintaining what you have

Tonixity

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys. I thought I had a typical type of baldness (diffuse thinning vs male pattern baldness).

Minoxidil is better than finasteride in this case? I'm worried about taking a pill (fina) vs locally apply the liquid on my hair

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys. I thought I had a typical type of baldness (diffuse thinning vs male pattern baldness).

Minoxidil is better than finasteride in this case? I'm worried about taking a pill (fina) vs locally apply the liquid on my hair

Diffuse patterned balding is a form of male pattern baldness.

Minoxidil is a growth stimulant, usually for hair loss that is quite diffuse it can be effective but quite challenging (and expensive). minoxidil also doesn't work on the underlying cause of male pattern baldness, eventually the hair loss will get harder to manage.

Finasteride works on the underlying cause and works more systemically. You are more likely to retain your hairline and hair density on finasteride but there is the increased risk of side effects.

finasteride would be the optimum for you being young and having diffuse loss you could get back to where you were before hair loss.

Do your research into the meds.

I would personally go finasteride, minoxidil and nizoral. I would think you would get very good results

Tonixity

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Diffuse patterned balding is a form of male pattern baldness.

Minoxidil is a growth stimulant, usually for hair loss that is quite diffuse it can be effective but quite challenging (and expensive). minoxidil also doesn't work on the underlying cause of male pattern baldness, eventually the hair loss will get harder to manage.

Finasteride works on the underlying cause and works more systemically. You are more likely to retain your hairline and hair density on finasteride but there is the increased risk of side effects.

finasteride would be the optimum for you being young and having diffuse loss you could get back to where you were before hair loss.

Do your research into the meds.

I would personally go finasteride, minoxidil and nizoral. I would think you would get very good results

Appreciate the input here very very helpful. Don't you think that finasteride + minoxidil is overkill? Especially with nizoral and at the stage I'm in regarding my male pattern baldness? Do I have one or two years before starting the treatment because even my hairdresser doesn't think I'm losing hair .

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes just out of the shower. Not damp but fairly wet as I used the towel to take ouy the water from it

for wet hair ot doesnt look too bad tbh,as it probably isnt too noticable with dry hair
about the itching part, i used to get that as well while i was on nizoral, it stopped happening though and i never found the reason why.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Very good head of hair right now, especially considering the density you have when it's wet. Get on treatment asap

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the input here very very helpful. Don't you think that finasteride + minoxidil is overkill? Especially with nizoral and at the stage I'm in regarding my male pattern baldness? Do I have one or two years before starting the treatment because even my hairdresser doesn't think I'm losing hair .

You could probably drop minoxidil altogether and just go on finasteride. Nizoral is more optional but I think it really helps if you have any problems with dandruff or inflammation, it also has mild anti androgenetic properties and minimal negatives

You have great looking hair at the moment but you're at that stage where things could change and you probably wouldn't even realise until it's too late. You've probably lost about 30% of your hair density already

equel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still got good hair and can cover it all up with a little bit of toppik. Try finasteride and hope u dont get side effects, with it u can keep what u have and probably regrow alot too.

Tonixity

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Indeed I think I should start treatment sometime soon. I am kind of afraid of finasteride especially as it directly affects hormones levels and I am affected by depression. Would minoxidil be enough to stop the balding process?

Tonixity

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, would you advise a mild shampoo to use in between nizoral/tgel/tsal? Maybe Revivogen?