Can You Still Enjoy Movies Where The Cast Has Mostly Full Hair?

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it depends, things like dramas and romance etc, i find i just can't relate or be empathetic to their usually pathetic problems. i end up thinking "you should get some real problems, silly b**ch"

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, but only because I have had bad hair my whole life so I have been conditioned against it since I was a child. Also now post-surgery and post-daro, most people don't have better hairlines than me anymore, so that brings me peace.

But I still have trouble where the cast is overly good looking in a general sense. For example, watched Spring Breakers last night which was surprisingly good but gratuitously filled with beautiful people.

Now I was just trying to watch Gods of Egypt and I took a break because of these two:

gods_of_egypt_courtney_eaton_brenton-HD.jpg

Jesus what a pair of pretty motherfuckers (guy and girl center). And his hairline still beats mine even though my new one is pretty good. His is ridiculous density and shape.

Anyway, I have found being unattractive slowly mentally warps you. There are people like CF who seem to be immune to it. But it's certainly always been hard for me. The only solution I have found is to try to stop being ugly.

blackg

Reaction score
Good question. Unfortunately my type of movie, the romantic comedy, is full of leading men with beautiful heads of hair.
It pisses me off to be frank so, yes, sometimes I can't enjoy these movies.

Anyway I'm really looking forward to seeing the new Amy Schumer release.

Its a comedy called "I Feel Pretty" and it looks like a real hoot.
Also, there appears to be no leading man/pretty boy in the film to trigger my *** while in a public theatre.

Edited for phone correction.

Last edited:

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good question. Unfortunately my type of movie, the romantic comedy, is full of leading men with beautiful heads of hair.
It pisses me off to be frank so, yes, sometimes I can't enjoy these movies.

Anyway I'm really looking forward to seeing the new Amy Schumacher release.

Its a comedy called "I Feel Pretty" and it looks like a real hoot.
Also, there appears to be no leading man/pretty boy in the film to trigger my *** while in a public theatre.
Here’s a spoiler of one of Amy Schumers new hilarious jokes «muh vajayynahh!!!»

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Anyway, I have found being unattractive slowly mentally warps you. There are people like CF who seem to be immune to it. But it's certainly always been hard for me. The only solution I have found is to try to stop being ugly.

Not immune bro, it is hard.

I read this interesting article recently: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/04/02/are-we-already-living-in-virtual-reality

I mention this because I have this need of periodically inserting myself into TV shows, binge watching and inhabiting some lead character. I can do it with TV but not with books as unlike with books, with TV my rational brain kind of shuts down.

I have mentioned how I spent my 20s in a depressive haze, bumming around. Two main things (apart from serious professional negative repercussions) happened when I hit my 30s. First, I got my teeth fixed (including implants at the front). Yeah, I was that guy, started balding at 12, and had missing front teeth, rest crooked, and no orthodontic treatment. Second, torrents came up, allowing me to explore and collect shows (this was before netflix), making possible my TV therapy. Especially with my teeth, I believe previously I had internalized being genetic trash, and this had expressed itself in my depression. Getting teeth fixed (not supported my parents of course "it's just cosmetic, why are you doing this") resulted in a massive increase in self esteem, it wasn't sudden, but when I compare myself to how I was 10 years ago, it's evident. Oh, and also beard compensation.

Being ugly is very damaging to the psyche. By ugly I mean really ugly, not the typical faux-ugly that people claim on this forum.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not immune bro, it is hard.

I read this interesting article recently: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/04/02/are-we-already-living-in-virtual-reality

Have you ever had lucid dreams before? I think lucid dreams are the ultimate virtual reality.

I have had at least a dozen or more. In my teens and twenties I used to try to force myself to have them. The techniques for doing so are based around performing "reality testing" during the day to keep looking at watches or ask yourself "Is this a dream?" to try to trigger the same thought process in a dream and thus challenge the dream state.

The problem, unfortunately, is I am not convinced everyone has the same capacity for attaining and maintaining lucid dreams. Most of my lucid dreams would be very brief and I would wake up almost immediately after lucidity came on. But for the time I was lucid, it was REALLY living.

I mean it was more of what I want out of life than life can provide. Perfectly vivid and real. But with total control and no consequences. I could fly which was always fun. As a sexually frustrated young man, sexual fantasies were a common trend.

The thought has been occurring to me lately that I miss it. I haven't had one in years. I wonder if maybe I should go back to seeing if I can get better at inducing and maintaining these.

For example, if I knew that putting 1-2 hours of work in a day would guarantee me a few lucid dreams a week, I would consider that an incredibly worthwhile way to spend my time.

And in truth, if I could just go to sleep and be hooked up to IV's and whatnot to keep me alive, I would spend days in lucid dreams. Reality is not nearly so much fun.

Lucid dreaming is your own personal Matrix, beyond anything that current VR tech can come close to providing. It feels real, because dreams are complete sensory hallucinations originating right from the seat of your own consciousness - your brain.

Edit: I just read this:
http://www.lucidity.com/LucidDreamingFAQ2.html

Which I think convinced me to try one of those REM flashing light devices they're talking about. Bunch of devices here:
http://howtolucid.com/lucid-dreaming-masks-compared/

Last edited:

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Have you ever had lucid dreams before? I think lucid dreams are the ultimate virtual reality.

I have had at least a dozen or more. In my teens and twenties I used to try to force myself to have them. The techniques for doing so are based around performing "reality testing" during the day to keep looking at watches or ask yourself "Is this a dream?" to try to trigger the same thought process in a dream and thus challenge the dream state.

The problem, unfortunately, is I am not convinced everyone has the same capacity for attaining and maintaining lucid dreams. Most of my lucid dreams would be very brief and I would wake up almost immediately after lucidity came on. But for the time I was lucid, it was REALLY living.

I mean it was more of what I want out of life than life can provide. Perfectly vivid and real. But with total control and no consequences. I could fly which was always fun. As a sexually frustrated young man, sexual fantasies were a common trend.

The thought has been occurring to me lately that I miss it. I haven't had one in years. I wonder if maybe I should go back to seeing if I can get better at inducing and maintaining these.

For example, if I knew that putting 1-2 hours of work in a day would guarantee me a few lucid dreams a week, I would consider that an incredibly worthwhile way to spend my time.

And in truth, if I could just go to sleep and be hooked up to IV's and whatnot to keep me alive, I would spend days in lucid dreams. Reality is not nearly so much fun.

Lucid dreaming is your own personal Matrix, beyond anything that current VR tech can come close to providing. It feels real, because dreams are complete sensory hallucinations originating right from the seat of your own consciousness - your brain.

Edit: I just read this:
http://www.lucidity.com/LucidDreamingFAQ2.html

Which I think convinced me to try one of those REM flashing light devices they're talking about. Bunch of devices here:
http://howtolucid.com/lucid-dreaming-masks-compared/

No, never had lucid dreams. It sounds intriguing.

I almost never have sexual dreams. Strange!