Can you post pictures of your Pill cutters for Proscar?

GNUist (formerly FC)

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
Freedom Coder said:
you have no evidence

that's a part of the FDA literature unless you want to dismiss the FDA to support your evidence.

In 3 days though? From an argubly neglible amount of spit from your teeth only from a bite?

The point is, if it saves money, is convenient, and prevents wastage, why not do it? :dunno:

imlosinit

Established Member
Reaction score
a piece of proscar cut by a razor will expose the inside of the pill (which may also come in contact with saliva).

anyway, my teeth arent wet. i cut off a piece and down the hatch.

we're seriously talking about a tiny amount of saliva, if any.

Cassin

Reaction score
Freedom Coder said:
Cassin said:
[quote="Freedom Coder":1gsfo2s8]

you have no evidence

that's a part of the FDA literature unless you want to dismiss the FDA to support your evidence.

In 3 days though? From an argubly neglible amount of spit from your teeth only from a bite?

The point is, if it saves money, is convenient, and prevents wastage, why not do it? :dunno:[/quote:1gsfo2s8]

This stuff is designed to break down right away by saliva...ever put a pill on your tongue? Happens right away

beastrad

Reaction score
Cassin is absolutely correct, it dissolves in your mouth and this process begins almost instantaneously.
I personally choose to use a surgically sharp arts and crafts knife, and tweezers to cut into 5 pieces, takes 30 secs, every 5 days.

I included the cutting diagram, I personally cut #1 a little bigger.

Attachments

• proscar_cutting.jpg
    proscar_cutting.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 2,025

Obsidian

Reaction score
Would finasteride lose its effectiveness if the bottle was open while you were taking one and you knocked it over, spilling the pills out?

GeminiX

Reaction score
Obsidian said:
Would finasteride lose its effectiveness if the bottle was open while you were taking one and you knocked it over, spilling the pills out?

Proscar tablets are individually sealed, they aren't in a bottle.

pproctor

Established Member
Reaction score
Obsidian said:

No

Dr P

Cassin

Reaction score
GeminiX said:
Obsidian said:

Proscar tablets are individually sealed, they aren't in a bottle.

Unless you get them from a true pharmacy then its 30 pills in 1 bottle...at least in the USA.

However to Obsidian's question...I wouldn't worry about it unless its out for a long while exposed and cut. I have two bottles for Proscar...one for the full 5gm pills and one for the cut proscar as I only cut one pill at a time to keep them fresh. Cutting one pill at a time kinda seems like a hassle but I its not much of a bother. Just part of my daily routine now..only take a few moments.

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
I just nibble a tiny chunk off each day.
GNUist (formerly FC) said:
Totally not a big deal, you can use anything to break them. I just bite a piece off with my front teeth.

YOU'RE JOKING! :woot:

GeminiX

Reaction score
hehe, I see :)