Can you post pictures of your Pill cutters for Proscar?

slacker

Reaction score
I went to CVS to inquire about a pill cutter for my 5mg proscar. And the guy at the counter (pharmacy) told me that the pill is so small that it would break it in crumbles.

What pill cutters are you guys using? Pictures would help. Any special methods of cutting it?

s.a.f

Reaction score
I just nibble a tiny chunk off each day.

beaner

Reaction score
slacker said:
....the guy at the counter (pharmacy) told me that the pill is so small that it would break it in crumbles.

The guy at the counter has no clue what he's talking about (I will have to assume he's not on finasteride and never made the attempt), you should have bought one anyway. They work splendidly for cutting finasteride pills. It may crumble a bit at times but once you get used to using it you'll be fine.

kadosh

Established Member
Reaction score
I use this
images

beaner

Reaction score
The above picture is the same one I have.

Obsidian

Reaction score
[youtube:1u2ubkdw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UUjPNTr9eM[/youtube:1u2ubkdw]

How to cut proscar with a knife.

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
I just use a cheap dollar store utility/x-acto knife and a cardboard box :punk:

been using the method since 2006 and had no problems with it

beastrad

Reaction score
I bought a surgically sharp knife from an arts and crafts store for about $10, and then use tweezers to hold the pills in place while I cut the pills. Very easy to do and the knife glides through the pills with minimal breakage.

Cassin

Reaction score
Freedom Coder said:
Cassin said:
[quote="s.a.f":24l9j4ib]I just nibble a tiny chunk off each day.

Thats an awful idea...the saliva breaks down the pill

not in 3 days dude[/quote:24l9j4ib]

Storage and Handling

Store at room temperature, 15-30°C (59-86°F). Keep container closed and protect from moisture.

so how long is saliva/moisture ok for the chipped pills for, dude?

CCS

Reaction score
beaner said:
slacker said:
....the guy at the counter (pharmacy) told me that the pill is so small that it would break it in crumbles.

The guy at the counter has no clue what he's talking about (I will have to assume he's not on finasteride and never made the attempt), you should have bought one anyway. They work splendidly for cutting finasteride pills. It may crumble a bit at times but once you get used to using it you'll be fine.

Very true. I cut mine in perfect 4ths, almost every time, in 2 seconds per slice. I'm so good. Get one with a razor blade in it that is inside a closing cavern so it can't escape when it is cut. You could cut far smaller pills that proscar.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A simple straight edged razor like the kind used in box cutters works the best

CCS

Reaction score
HT55 said:

The halves will fly apart. Just get the pill cutter, and make sure it has a razor blade inside. $5.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
HT55 said:

The halves will fly apart. Just get the pill cutter, and make sure it has a razor blade inside. $5.

Been doing it this way for years, you get an even cut and it's so easy.

Just get an empty can of something like tuna fish and cut them inside that