Can You Please Advise/ Help Identify This Hair Loss?

Colette

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there, brand new here, hoping for some help. My daughter is 3.5 years and had significant hair loss from 1.5 years-2ish, when it seemed like it was starting to grow back. She has a patch of seborrheic dermatitis at the back and base of her head, which I was told was the cause of her hair loss and it would just take time to regrow. Well, it has been a year. Her hair is definitely better but it seems like she is losing it again?? She still has seb derm but it's mild at this point, definitely not as aggravated as it was when she was around a year. Currently, all around the perimeter of her hairline she has new growth and no longer hair. I don't really know what to do. We've seen our pediatrician and a dermatologist and neither seemed well informed on hair loss. I have a prescription steroid solution but I'm nervous about long term use for that so I stopped applying it a couple months back. Can anyone help or advise?? Attaching a photo of what her hair looks like today.

Attachments

• IMG_2652.JPG
    IMG_2652.JPG
    199.1 KB · Views: 612

Colette

My Regimen
Reaction score
another pic. This really stresses me out because I have no idea what is happening or how to fix it. She had amazing hair as a toddler.

Attachments

• IMG_2651.JPG
    IMG_2651.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 561