Can you have a transplant off propecia?

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has had a transplant off of propecia. I recently posted about not responding well to finasteride. Had burning scalp and major thinning.. Pretty sure this isn't the "shed" everyone talks about because it happened at the one year mark.. I'm steadily shedding now without the pain all the time, but I'm kind of finding my self done with this drug and ready to go the surgical route.

Thinking of Dr. Rahal for my transplant since his hairline work is great. Anyway, any help would, well, help!

sheraz1392

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has had a transplant off of propecia. I recently posted about not responding well to finasteride. Had burning scalp and major thinning.. Pretty sure this isn't the "shed" everyone talks about because it happened at the one year mark.. I'm steadily shedding now without the pain all the time, but I'm kind of finding my self done with this drug and ready to go the surgical route.

Thinking of Dr. Rahal for my transplant since his hairline work is great. Anyway, any help would, well, help!

I also have this burning scalp pain along with severe seborrheic dermatitis since getting on Finasteride. I've asked countless dermatologists regarding finasteride being the cause of my condition but they do not think it's because of finasteride. I've been in this pain since December 2013 and it's not getting better. Have you discussed this issue with any dermatologist?