Can You Beat male pattern baldness Without Propecia?

mrcurns

Reaction score
Has anybody had any good results without using propecia?

Gonna start using Lipogaine, Regenpure and Advecia (saw palmetto based pills, not sure if they do anything but i've got a 6 month supply i need to get through)

Wondering if it's possible to conquer it without resorting to Propecia. Any luck?

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Saw Palmetto will have the same side effects as Propecia as both lower DHT. Don't waste your money on unproven treatments, you'll regret it, especially if you value your hair. At the very least get on Rogaine. Because judging by your regiment, the odds are stacked against you.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I say short of making RU or something experimental no its not possible without propecia somewhere in there. The odds are strongly against you long term heck even with propecia you might not succeed. RU though is more dangerous then propecia if you got all the stuff for it to even work out that it did anything I mean a topical is not going to never go systemic I mean that is why it takes years of study to get approved. There are tons of things to stuff like this. Stick to proven things I say if your serious about hair loss get on propecia but know the risks or wait a few years for something safer.

mrcurns

Reaction score
Well, lipogaine is Minoxidil enhanced with azelaic acid DHT blocker, so i'll be on that when it gets delivered to me. I'll re-evaluate my situation in a few months and see how i'm doing.

tedlin01

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry to break it to you but you can't expect any regrowth without Finasteride. I have been trying it all for the last 2 years and nothing have worked without Finasteride as a base.

Tried: MSM, Azelaic Acid, Minoxidil, Minoxidil Sulphate, 15% Minoxidil, Hairlaser, Green Tea Extract, Toco-8, RUM, 5% RU in KB5, Ahk-Cu 5% Cream, S5 spironolactone Cream, Nizoral, Revita Shampoo, Spectral F7, Cetirizine, IGF-1 Injections, Saw Palmetto, etc.. Everything worked great along with Finasteride but the same day I quit it I lost all my progress.

I started out as NW4, went to NW2 after 12 months of Finas and then when I quit it I went back to NW4 in one month.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yes I agree I say you basically have no chance without finasteride so maybe just accept it and maybe in a few years with something better you can do something then

tedlin01

Established Member
Reaction score
Why did you stop finasteride tedlin01?
I was noticing a change in my personality. Blamed it on age, turned out to be the Finasteride.

Anyway I am trying a new approach now, I will be on Finasteride for half a year and see if I can go to NW2 again and then I will try to maintain the regrowth without Finas using alot of RU otherwise I will throw in the towel for now and waste my money and energy on the gym instead :)