Can you avoid drying out hair with nizoral using conditioner?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
By all means - use the conditioner of your choice. (Yes, it will help.)

Petchsky

Reaction score
Works for me :)

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Tea tree oil is meant to be great , haven't tried it myself though..

JohnC43

Established Member
Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
How about doing this vs. using Revita every other day? I like that Revita includes other checmicals that help hair.

Secondly, by using conditioner along with nizoral, are you completely deterring your hair from ever becoming dried out or just re-moisturizing it? If the latter, it would seem like you are still putting some extra stress on your hair by putting it through all of those states in such a short period of time.

nohawk

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair got really limp and dry with nizoral, so I went and got American Crew Tea Tree conditioner and its so awesome, my hair is shiny and soft. Also, some people may find this gross, but I noticed that shampooing my hair everyday made it look terrible and I felt I was stripping natural good-oils off my scalp, so I just shampoo every other day and use the conditioner on the nizoral days... also I live in Los Angeles, and have noticed that the homeless people have tons of hair here, what gives?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
JohnC43 said:
hair_tomorrow said:
How about doing this vs. using Revita every other day? I like that Revita includes other checmicals that help hair.

Secondly, by using conditioner along with nizoral, are you completely deterring your hair from ever becoming dried out or just re-moisturizing it? If the latter, it would seem like you are still putting some extra stress on your hair by putting it through all of those states in such a short period of time.

Everyon'e hair is different - and will respond differtly to shampoos and conditioners. Revita every other day should be fine. For ME - revita was like a conditioning shampoo - OTHERS claimed it dried their hair out - so go figger.

I belive using a conditioner is meant for re-moisturizing. Basically - you just need to condition as needed - however often is needed for your partticular hair type.

I use emu oil or an essential oils cocktail before bed - so I hardly ever have to condition anymore.

JohnC43

Established Member
Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
JohnC43 said:
[quote="hair_tomorrow":1yl8ouc0]By all means - use the conditioner of your choice. (Yes, it will help.)

Everyon'e hair is different - and will respond differtly to shampoos and conditioners. Revita every other day should be fine. For ME - revita was like a conditioning shampoo - OTHERS claimed it dried their hair out - so go figger.

I belive using a conditioner is meant for re-moisturizing. Basically - you just need to condition as needed - however often is needed for your partticular hair type.

I use emu oil or an essential oils cocktail before bed - so I hardly ever have to condition anymore.[/quote:1yl8ouc0]

So how much more effective would 2% nizoral be over Revita? Am I alot better off doin nizoral 2% + conditioner?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Revita vs nizoral 2%?

It's almost apples and oranges because revita has so much other stuff, but only 1% ket.

I used to use revita 4-5x weekly and nizoral 2% 2x weekly.

My personal preference would be to alternate both - or just stick w/ the nizoral 2%.

JohnC43

Established Member
Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
Revita vs nizoral 2%?

It's almost apples and oranges because revita has so much other stuff, but only 1% ket.

My personal preference would be to alternate both - or just stick w/ the nizoral 2%.
Well if both have keta in them why can't you compare them? Do those other ingredients hinder the effectiveness of keta? Maybe I should ask - is nizoral 1% comparable to Revita in effectiveness? If so, which is more effective - 2% or 1% nizoral?

Petchsky

Reaction score
Revita shampoo is 1%,

REVITA SHAMPOO INGREDIENTS

* Apple PolyphenolProcyanidin B2 & C1

* Copper Peptides

* Spin Traps

* Keoconazole

* Rooibos

* MSM

* Caffein 4%

* Carnitine Tartrate

* Amino Acids

* Emu Oil

* Biotin

I'm sold

JohnC43

Established Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Revita shampoo is 2%,

REVITA SHAMPOO INGREDIENTS

* Apple PolyphenolProcyanidin B2 & C1

* Copper Peptides

* Spin Traps

* Keoconazole

* Rooibos

* MSM

* Caffein 4%

* Carnitine Tartrate

* Amino Acids

* Emu Oil

* Biotin

I'm sold

Then why does everyone say it is 1%? If it's 2% I'm sold as well.

Petchsky

Reaction score
My mistake, it is 1% :$

Petchsky

Reaction score
You can buy the 2% in the UK, is it just 1% in US?

Maybe buy from a uk source?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
JohnC43 said:
hair_tomorrow said:
Revita vs nizoral 2%?

Well if both have keta in them why can't you compare them? Do those other ingredients hinder the effectiveness of keta? Maybe I should ask - is nizoral 1% comparable to Revita in effectiveness? If so, which is more effective - 2% or 1% nizoral?

At the risk of repeating jmyself . . .

Revita vs nizoral 2%?

ali777

Reaction score
JohnC43 said:
hair_tomorrow said:

Why don't you get both???

nizoral is supposed to be used once every 3-4 days, it's not an everyday shampoo. In the days that you don't use nizoral you could use revita.

I've tried nizoral with and without conditioner. Conditioner helps, but I can do without it.

I guess I'm just repeating what already has been said in the thread.