Can We Minimize Pgd2 By Minimizing Dietary Omega-6 Fatty Acids?

horunger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We know it doesnt cure cancer, we know it doesnt prevent heartattacts, and even if surprisingly many people think vit C cure the common cold all research on the topic has shown it to have no effect whatsoever. As usual it was time that cured it, and time never get the credits for curing anything. A norwegian survey found that people claimed improved health by having loaf bread dough smeared on their backs, obviously people may think vitamins helps then, like my one grandfather who was convinced that drinking tar was good for him, it only gave him cancer and a very early death.

horunger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way, its often people with many health issues who believe most in vitamins and minerals, its strange their own recommendations dont work on themselves. My sister cycles through all those miracle cures and always claim great benefits but 6 months later never talk about it again and the two health issues she had the whole life gets worse every time. Everyone i know who takes vitamins to help gain weight stays unhealthy skinny, i even did it myself when i was young and stupid, was already super skinny and managed to lose 6 kilos more, thats some way to gain weight... sorry but vitamins are hokum.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
We know it doesnt cure cancer, we know it doesnt prevent heartattacts, and even if surprisingly many people think vit C cure the common cold all research on the topic has shown it to have no effect whatsoever. As usual it was time that cured it, and time never get the credits for curing anything. A norwegian survey found that people claimed improved health by having loaf bread dough smeared on their backs, obviously people may think vitamins helps then, like my one grandfather who was convinced that drinking tar was good for him, it only gave him cancer and a very early death.

I don't know about vitamins curing heart disease, but they can certainly help prevent heart disease.

One example:
http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/hear...on/health_topics/vitamin_d_and_the_heart.html

persistentone

Established Member
Reaction score
And, can we have this moved to Alternative Treatments please. Dietary, minerals, vitamins and other snake-oil far fetched ideas belong there. No offence to seekers but if vitamins and diets cured diseases dont you think we would know already and abandoned doctors and medicines long ago, we would only need to chew on some pretty flowers to look like greek gods and live forever.

Relationship of omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acid dietary intake and different disease states is mainstream medicine, not alternative. There are thousands of studies looking at the relationship of omega-6 intakes and various diseases such as cardiovascular, diabetes, autoimmune conditions, etc.

As one example of that, a guy at NIH named Bill Lands did interesting research a decade ago that looked at omega-6 saturation in tissues of cultures all over the world. What this showed was that when omega-6 saturation was low, there was no relationship between LDL cholesterol and heart disease. When Omega-6 saturation was high, there was direct positive relationship between cholesterol and heart disease, and the overall incidence of heart disease was many fold higher.

So the secret to eliminating your risk for heart disease is right there in front of you. Yet 99% of you will never do a thing to change your diet. Your doctors won't tell you about this research. The mainstream press won't tell you either. So your statement that it can't be real if it is easy for you to do is non-sequitor.

To the point on hair loss, if male pattern baldness is 60% due to PGD2 levels in the scalp and lowering your omega-6 dietary inputs by 80% will lower PGD2 levels in your scalp by the same percentage, then why wouldn't that have a direct effect on the extent and rapidity of your balding? That's just an example. We don't know the numbers to plug in there because apparently we don't have the studies. But it's a direct application of primary science that talks about PGD2, its precursors, and its metabolic pathways. It's not the same as relying on one random study about some random supplement and praying that this cures baldness.

persistentone

Established Member
Reaction score
By the way, its often people with many health issues who believe most in vitamins and minerals, its strange their own recommendations dont work on themselves. My sister cycles through all those miracle cures and always claim great benefits but 6 months later never talk about it again and the two health issues she had the whole life gets worse every time. Everyone i know who takes vitamins to help gain weight stays unhealthy skinny, i even did it myself when i was young and stupid, was already super skinny and managed to lose 6 kilos more, thats some way to gain weight... sorry but vitamins are hokum.

I totally agree with you that most people who take vitamins and supplements harm themselves far more than they help themselves.

Having made this point, how can you then take the position that the rest of us should continue to eat omega-6 fatty acids when these are totally unnatural supplements added to our diet - without our knowledge or permission - by the seed oil industry and processed foods industries starting in the 1950s? When it is force fed to you without your knowledge, that doesn't make it any less of a supplement.

To be consistent with your philosophy here, you should be the first person anxious to have us all stop eating so much omega-6 fatty acid.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Whey protein helped me get bigger and build muscles. I know this as a fact. There is f*** loads of research showing this to be effective. If you deny it you are being dense.

Magnesium cleared up my cuts around my nails.

MSM cured 90% of my rosacea flare ups.

A correct ratio of omega 6 to omega 3 is good for your heart health. There is f*** loads of research showing this to be effective. If you deny it you are being dense.

Getting a correct amount of minerals and vitamins is important for your health. It's best to get these through your diet. If you do not get these through your diet then it has been shown that supplementation can help in many situations. If you deny this you are being dense.