Can we have a succinct thread on the latest needling knowledge re: Folica, depth, # of holes per cm2 etc?

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, people in here are just more intelligent then yourself lol. The gains are greater and more wide spread then minoxidil alone, and lasted longer then standard min. This proves that the needling protocol is having an effect.
But its temporary ....

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
But its temporary ....
Okay so just go bald quicker lol, like what do you want people to say? People have gotten 2-3+ years of gains/benefit from this combo, if that's not good enough for you at best then just don't do it and have shittier hair for 2-3 years.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay so just go bald quicker lol, like what do you want people to say? People have gotten 2-3+ years of gains/benefit from this combo, if that's not good enough for you at best then just don't do it and have shittier hair for 2-3 years.
Yeah but we talk about new trearment which wont be benfit for ppl that already used minoxidil before.

the trails are on ppl that never been using minoxidil before and there for its wont help much for ppl that past the 2 years of good hair on minoxidil

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys who are already on minoxidil have gotten increased results from the Follica protocol.

The science is there. Abrasion & needling wounds can cause the formation of all-new follicles. It's an occasional spotty thing "in the wild" but it's not a Follica marketing myth. Dermatologists observed it long before Minoxidil existed. Follica was created in the 2000s as an attempt to get a usable treatment out of it.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys who are already on minoxidil have gotten increased results from the Follica protocol.

The science is there. Abrasion & needling wounds can cause the formation of all-new follicles. It's an occasional spotty thing "in the wild" but it's not a Follica marketing myth. Dermatologists observed it long before Minoxidil existed. Follica was created in the 2000s as an attempt to get a usable treatment out of it.
So you are saying the mange to “create “ new folicels like the say in their website.

lets assume its true .

its mean the result spouse to be unlimited like full recovery no? Why its 44% growth and not 100%? Or 200%? Its probbly jusr revive dead folicels not more then that

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you are saying the mange to “create “ new folicels like the say in their website.

lets assume its true .

its mean the result spouse to be unlimited like full recovery no? Why its 44% growth and not 100%? Or 200%? Its probbly jusr revive dead folicels not more then that
There was 44% improvement after only three months.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

lets assume its true .

I don't get my kicks by intentionally telling lies on baldness forums.

The concept of shallow skin wounds causing regrowth/thickening is a thing. Doctors doing dermabrasion on people's faces have observed that it can produce the occasional new terminal hairs. As in, a few random hairs, not a patch of hair coverage.

I don't see why this would be hard to believe. The whole concept of dermabrasion hinges on the same thing: They give the skin surface wound and it provokes the skin to heal up looking younger than it started.

Come back in 20 years and Follica might have it working that well. Today they don't.

I assume their current minoxidil protocol mainly revives existing hairs. There will be some all-new creation in the mix too. How much, I dunno. If you wanna count ALL the hairs then they definitely provoke new growth. But the new stuff mainly consists of tiny vellus stuff. (Follica has been known to talk about "proto-hair structures".)

I don't see why that question matters so much. If it produces a visible hair, then it's either an all-new one or an existing one with the miniaturization process reversed a few years. Either way it's a terminal hair that you didn't have before.

I'm sure Follica's results are dependent on the Minoxidil & greater penetration for a lot of the gains. But my point is that it won't be all the gains. The wounding itself will bring some new/revived hairs to the party too. Those hairs will benefit from the drug but I see no reason to think they would be fully drug-dependent.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't get my kicks by intentionally telling lies on baldness forums.

The concept of shallow skin wounds causing regrowth/thickening is a thing. Doctors doing dermabrasion on people's faces have observed that it can produce the occasional new terminal hairs. As in, a few random hairs, not a patch of hair coverage.

I don't see why this would be hard to believe. The whole concept of dermabrasion hinges on the same thing: They give the skin surface wound and it provokes the skin to heal up looking younger than it started.

Come back in 20 years and Follica might have it working that well. Today they don't.

I assume their current minoxidil protocol mainly revives existing hairs. There will be some all-new creation in the mix too. How much, I dunno. If you wanna count ALL the hairs then they definitely provoke new growth. But the new stuff mainly consists of tiny vellus stuff. (Follica has been known to talk about "proto-hair structures".)

I don't see why that question matters so much. If it produces a visible hair, then it's either an all-new one or an existing one with the miniaturization process reversed a few years. Either way it's a terminal hair that you didn't have before.

I'm sure Follica's results are dependent on the Minoxidil & greater penetration for a lot of the gains. But my point is that it won't be all the gains. The wounding itself will bring some new/revived hairs to the party too. Those hairs will benefit from the drug but I see no reason to think they would be fully drug-dependent.
In 20 years hair cloning would be a thing i wont need this this kind of treatment