Can we finally proceed with this cloning business?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Now that Bush is almost out of office and Obama is set to take over, can we finally lift these bans on genetic studies and get this very important work funded and underway? I know that the global economy is suffering right now, but given that things look up, I think it is high time for a break through. Thoughts?

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think so either, there are more things to take care of.

I rather have some news from Follica. :gay:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Should have known better than to post in this dead section.

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't you just love the retards that still deny that Bush's stance on stem cell research has severely delayed our prospects on so many fronts, not just hairloss.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
No one in this thread denied such things, just said that I doubt Obama will fund something like this for hairloss.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I understand that they have reason to be pecimistic and there are alot of people on these boards who don't live in the U.S. so they might not know about this, but I can't help but imagine where we might be today or even in five years if these great minds were allowed to explore this stuff with the proper funding eight years ago. Yes, the implications for this genetic research extend far beyond hairloss.

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
Of course he's not going to fund anything specifically for "hairloss," or any other non-essential initiatives. And with the mess we've been left with, he'll be lucky to get funding for half the stuff he's promised.

I was referring to the likely "ripple effect" that would have taken place had our tax dollars been better spent over the past 8 years. But due to the denial of federal funds for stem cell research and the plundering of our economy, one can only guess how long a "trickle over" breakthrough has been delayed (although I have a pretty good idea).

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Your absolutely right. Just opening the doors increases our chances of a breakthrough by that much more. The subject is still young and there is much to learn, but I am confident that this will lead to a cure. I guess we will know more from icx or follicia in the first quarter of next year to tide us over then, but for now cobwebs are growing in this section.

debris

Reaction score
I dont think it makes much difference. Stemcells obtained from an embryo or the stemcells created by the new techniques that do not involve embryos. its not rly much different.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
debris said:
I dont think it makes much difference. Stemcells obtained from an embryo or the stemcells created by the new techniques that do not involve embryos. its not rly much different.
Disagree. The difference is similar to the issue of abortion-what constitutes life, and where do we draw the line in violating that "life" to our own purposes? The moral solution here is simple- don't replicate an entire living human being for spare parts as that is equivalent to murder. Just clone the parts instead. A woman recently had her trechea replaced with a trechea that was grown from stem cells. You don't have to be a genetic engineer to see how this same technique can be applied to hair restoration.