Can Vitamin C Benefits Hair Growth And Blood Circulation ?

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone here taking vitamin c supplements?. If so, what is your experience with vitamin c?
I am taking vitamin c 500 mg and zinc supplements for other health condition ,but I read that vitamin c is also good for hairs. I just started so don't know about its benefits to hair . Anyone here have any improvement with vitamin c supplements.?Also please do mention other supplements you are taking for hair health.thanks

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
OK.thanks guys. So why this myth that vitamin c and other vitamins are good for hairs is still floating?
I don’t know about vitamin C in particular. There are many substances that potentially can improve the quality of your hair.

The problem is that most of them help hair that has temporary problems.

male pattern baldness is a completely different beast that you will not cure with, say, caffeine (yes, I tried...)

Janko

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you guys wants to feel full benefit of vit C try liposomal version. That is the real game changer. I take approx 3-4g a day and it is awesome. More energy, better skin, I see better and most important:great beard growth. When I added also omega 6 and omega 3 with 70mg of zinc a day? Strength increase and performance in gym was massive. Maybe it is also helping my hair, but hard to say since I use a lot of sh*t to keep them.
P.S. The legends say that if you mix it with L-carnitin,s-equol and dgla and rub it on your head you will be blessed by holy brotzu and get hair.

furtbr

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMO Vitamin C makes a lot of sense, since it can easily lack in modern diet and helps with a lot of things in the skin. Just in addition, supplements and pills can usually not be fully absorbed by the body because of its concentration.

Jake94

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have no idea if vit c would help prevent hairloss, I imagine it would have very little part however instead of taking supplements, eat it from a vegetable or fruit, it’s easy.

100g raw capsicum(red bell pepper is the juicy one!) is about 400% of your vitamin c needs for the day.

Janko

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have no idea if vit c would help prevent hairloss, I imagine it would have very little part however instead of taking supplements, eat it from a vegetable or fruit, it’s easy.

100g raw capsicum(red bell pepper is the juicy one!) is about 400% of your vitamin c needs for the day.
Well regarding vit C.
People and monkeys are the only one of mammals who does not make vit C by themeselves. They made test with a mice. They gave to mouse some virus and measured the difference of vit C in body and how much their liver actually produced. It was about 1g. 1 fakin gram of vit C in small mouse. If you will eat a lot of vit C itself, it will do a lot of harm to your body. Therefore the recommended amount of vit C is around 200mg. However liposomal version get directly to body and doctors are now doing tests on a lot of illnesses. You can have up to 8g of liposomal vit C after it will be dangerous. They are even treating some cancer patients, that they inject high amount of vit C in their veins.
Also there is study about lip vit C used topically on hair. I will post it in a moment.

ChoiGodTsuji

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you guys wants to feel full benefit of vit C try liposomal version. That is the real game changer. I take approx 3-4g a day and it is awesome. More energy, better skin, I see better and most important:great beard growth. When I added also omega 6 and omega 3 with 70mg of zinc a day? Strength increase and performance in gym was massive. Maybe it is also helping my hair, but hard to say since I use a lot of sh*t to keep them.
P.S. The legends say that if you mix it with L-carnitin,s-equol and dgla and rub it on your head you will be blessed by holy brotzu and get hair.
70mg of zinc and 3-4g of C Vit are an overdose of both. Over the Upper levels of intake...
You should be damaging your organs and possibly producing kidney stones. I would take blood analysis asap If I were you.

Janko

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
70mg of zinc and 3-4g of C Vit are an overdose of both. Over the Upper levels of intake...
You should be damaging your organs and possibly producing kidney stones. I would take blood analysis asap If I were you.
Oh god again. Liposomal vit C. LIPOSOMAL. There is difference how it is processed with the body. I have blood tests quite often due to my autoimmune disease and before I was even told to include more zinc and iron before.
Some docs say, that recommended zinc for man is 11-15mg some say up to 20mg. Recommended dosage for man is calculated on 75kg slightly active man. I have 96 kg. I am extremely active and that makes my need for minerals and vit higher. With every 10mg of zinc you take, around half dont get processed in your body and just flow through you. I would say, that 70mg of zinc in 2 pills morning/evening fit me just right...
P.S. In average ejaculate you lose around 5mg of zinc.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Upper limit of vit c is 2000mg. But 500 mg is safe and will not cause kidney stones . In large study conducted in 96 showed that up to 2g of vitamin was safe and would not increase urine calcium oxalate levels. But megadoses can be a problem for kidneys. 10mg of zinc is very safe supplement.
Taking vitamins from natural sources is always a better choice but you need to spend time for buying and eating which in turn make it difficult to keep. Natural supplements is a good alternative though not replacement for dietary sources.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Sure dude...

No vitamin will save your hair. That’s the harsh truth.