Can using minoxidil on face make scalp hairs shed?

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if this is why I seem to be shedding a lot. I'm 9 months in on finasteride btw.

resu

Reaction score
It can since it goes systemic but not much to make a big difference.

resu

Reaction score
You use 7 ml just once or twice a day? If you apply 14 ml per day that would be enough to have some impact.

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
You use 7 ml just once or twice a day? If you apply 14 ml per day that would be enough to have some impact.

Once a day, but sometimes twice a day. I don't go crazy with twice a day sometimes because I seem to be responding extremely well on my face, 4 weeks in and I have made the progress that others say took them 6 months to a year.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
No I already had a beard but I wanted to raise my cheek line to be right under my nose like a persians. It is working very well.

Unfortunately your heart won't be after a few years using at least 7ml a day.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
Well if you are using 7ml+ a day and it IS going systemic like would seem, then the Minoxidil concentration in your blood can't be far off that of Oral Minoxidil which is incredibly dangerous for the heart.

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
Well if you are using 7ml+ a day and it IS going systemic like would seem, then the Minoxidil concentration in your blood can't be far off that of Oral Minoxidil which is incredibly dangerous for the heart.

Thanks. How long of use would you say before it starts doing irreversable damage?

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks. How long of use would you say before it starts doing irreversable damage?

I have no idea bro, as far as I know your body could be operating just fine even at those levels. It is really something you should consult your doctor about.

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
I have no idea bro, as far as I know your body could be operating just fine even at those levels. It is really something you should consult your doctor about.

Good idea. I should add that I normally have high blood pressure but when I went for my yearly checkup, my doctor said my blood pressure was good. Maybe with high blood pressure using this much minoxidil is o.k as apposed to someone with normal blood pressure, but I'll double check with my Doctor just to be on the safe side.

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
I think it might be worse to have high blood pressure in this scenario. What part of Long Island you on man? suffolk or nassau?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can rub minoxidil on your back and it will effect your head. It definitely goes systemic, no doubt.

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
I think it might be worse to have high blood pressure in this scenario. What part of Long Island you on man? suffolk or nassau?

South shore of Nassau

- - - Updated - - -

I think I might try to put some on my head again too. I had a bad skin reaction but it seems to work well on my face if I put aloe vera on it 1 hour before i apply minoxidil.

Rockinlove

Established Member
Reaction score
Systemic absorption

It certainly can as there is a certain degree of systemic absorption when used on the skin. Thus other adjacent areas may also be affected.