Can Unattractive Guys Have A Healthy Social Life?

Baldingat188

Reaction score
Most physical features in our control simply act as a halo imo. True features that make or break attractiveness cannot be changed.

retos070

My Regimen
Reaction score
Depends on your social skills i think.
if you can a girl make laugh you are taking a huge step.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most physical features in our control simply act as a halo imo. True features that make or break attractiveness cannot be changed.

Plus getting really muscular implies a decent bone shape feature, genetics.
Not everyone can achieve this muscular look unfortunately, the only thing you can 100% control here is your confidence, humour, relevance, knowledge, and charisma during your social interactions.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Empty confidence is a joke though. You need to feel good about something concerning your appearance.

Not being aware of it, we are talking about the worst cases here, the things you can control, if you really have nothing for yourself, self-awareness will always brake you, it's all hypothetical of course, people always try to find something good about their appearance, brain has more than one protective system

Unfortunately there's not much you can dramatically change about your apparearance, except maybe clothes, muscles (in a limited way) and fat body mass, that's not a lot

Last edited:

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah, people can't "become" handsome per say with changes, maybe plastic surgery. A road I wouldn't recommend and even then you can only work on someone who has looks but some visible flaw that is shadowing everything.

hmm, hair transplant??? :)

Empty confidence is a joke though. You need to feel good about something concerning your appearance.

Fake it till you make it baby.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
No doubt it's much harder to have a social life if the first impression that you give most people is one of disgust.

Start with a job and having good hygiene, then take it from there.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
Maybe I wouldn't get mocked on the streets if I walked around bald, but the issue is I wouldn't be attractive. And since you also have OCD / bdd you understand that appearance seems like everything sometimes.

What I am afraid of is being a 2/10. Currently I am not 2/10 but I will be and that is just something I cannot deal with. I appreciate the advice and I do admire people that can get over hairloss but I am not one of those people. Being attractive has always meant everything to me - I know it's stupid and shallow but it's always been the main thing I cared about.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe I wouldn't get mocked on the streets if I walked around bald, but the issue is I wouldn't be attractive. And since you also have OCD / bdd you understand that appearance seems like everything sometimes.

What I am afraid of is being a 2/10. Currently I am not 2/10 but I will be and that is just something I cannot deal with. I appreciate the advice and I do admire people that can get over hairloss but I am not one of those people. Being attractive has always meant everything to me - I know it's stupid and shallow but it's always been the main thing I cared about.

Oh, this is just hairloss that bothers you ? Well do the right thing then, treatments and hair transplant
But being attractive to be everyting that matters to you, dude, this is gonna get you in trouble, ask yourself real questions, what do you really want in life

Hairloss won't cause you to be lonely with no friends, i don't know which Norwood you are, but even with a NW7 you can have a social life.

If you need to be NW1 to feel comfortable in your skin, do what it takes

Baldingat188

Reaction score
Oh, this is just hairloss that bothers you ? Well do the right thing then, treatments and hair transplant
But being attractive to be everyting that matters to you, dude, this is gonna get you in trouble, ask yourself real questions, what do you really want in life

Hairloss won't cause you to be lonely with no friends, i don't know which Norwood you are, but even with a NW7 you can have a social life.

If you need to be NW1 to feel comfortable in your skin, do what it takes

It's the hole picture but the hairloss is the tipping point and the biggest thing I don't like about myself. I am on treatments but I have aggressive hair loss in my genes. If I go nw7 I will be forced to wigcel and live a shitty life. Hair loss makes me ridiculously ugly.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
It sounds like I'm bitching to much and then I reject solutions , im sorry to do that but I've dealt with a lot of shitty stuff in my life and a lot of it I couldn't even talk about on here but hairloss still takes cake as the all time worse. I wish I wasn't so obsessed with appearance but it's not something I can control. There is no solution , if treatments continue to fail me I have no choice but to end it.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's the hole picture but the hairloss is the tipping point and the biggest thing I don't like about myself. I am on treatments but I have aggressive hair loss in my genes. If I go nw7 I will be forced to wigcel and live a shitty life. Hair loss makes me ridiculously ugly.

Yeah hairloss is a pretty bad thing, i guess we all agree here.Maybe your goal in life will change when you'll grow older, how old are you now ? Because time flies...i spent quite a few years in your current status and i deeply regret it now, try to focus on other things, like the other posters said, construct your future life with good studies and a job you like, because this job will represent 70% of your time, balding or not

Your hairloss did not stabilize ? Which treatments are you on ?

Baldingat188

Reaction score
Yeah hairloss is a pretty bad thing, i guess we all agree here.Maybe your goal in life will change when you'll grow older, how old are you now ? Because time flies...i spent quite a few years in your current status and i deeply regret it now, try to focus on other things, like the other posters said, construct your future life with good studies and a job you like, because this job will represent 70% of your time, balding or not

Your hairloss did not stabilize ? Which treatments are you on ?

I'm 19 , on finasteride for 1 year now. Can't notice any improvements but it's hard to say how fast I am losing ground. It seems to be relatively slow but seeing as my hair is already thin it really bothers me. I want to be career focused but somehow it is hard to focus on that stuff when you aren't happy with who you are.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
They can definitely have a healthy social life. In undergrad I chose an engineering major...you think there were a lot of model looking dudes in there? No, and people got along, made friends, studied and hung out together. It all depends on you and your social skills, something that seems a lot of people here lack unfortunately.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Yes Bear. In fact I realise my bald cousin is deeply unhappy with his hair the most. Despite having a great body, good job and pulling it off with his tanned look and face. He dresses well. But he suffers from inferiority complex and depression. I'm sure a lot of that would disappear if he could have his old thick hair back. So in other words, the suffering is internal for most people and we may not see it at first or not want to see it.

I don't hide the fact that once I shaved it down I hid like a coward. I felt ugly, inferior, old, past my sell by date. Funnily enough if I was 60 with a full head of hair I'd still be myself and important, yet here I was much younger and "finished" mentally and physically. Objectively I didn't look anything like before and when you're used to having fullish hair, the change is dramatic. It was a painful 3 months. I remember the hair technicians finding me attractive when I walked in, but with the head shaved, honestly at best I looked regular. I was reduced to an inferior version of myself, seeing myself in the mirror was painful. Also I remember going for walks in the park with my gf's dog and usually with a hat on. Once I didn't wear a hat at the park and I felt I couldn't be confident like before with random people. It's almost like I knew my place was at most average now. Even then an average guy with a full head, I'd feel below him for sure.

This disease is cruel. I'm not going to compare it with other life threatening illnesses but okay you don't die physically from baldness, but psychologically and physically you're different. It's a real aesthetic blow. Recently I saw some lectures of new students and it actually was teaching them about the psychological impact of baldness - good change. Even had the Norwood scale and mentioned diffusion, bald patches and temple hair.

It is cruel, but I would say, logically, the damage is mitigated the more masculine a guy looks.

A large part of female beauty is nice hair actually. The more feminine a guy looks, the more hair is associated with their looks.

That's why I think just having a hairline is the critical part, because it gives your face some balance instead of giving you an infinite forehead. Which is something that everyone here can get with a transplant.

The next part is getting to be more masculine...not saying you have to look like the rock, but you can't be a neckbeard pencil-neck pale guy either.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
It is cruel, but I would say, logically, the damage is mitigated the more masculine a guy looks.

A large part of female beauty is nice hair actually. The more feminine a guy looks, the more hair is associated with their looks.

That's why I think just having a hairline is the critical part, because it gives your face some balance instead of giving you an infinite forehead. Which is something that everyone here can get with a transplant.

The next part is getting to be more masculine...not saying you have to look like the rock, but you can't be a neckbeard pencil-neck pale guy either.

Masculine guys pull of the bald look better is something everyone can agree on. The problem is some guys will never look masculine , no matter how much we lift we will still look like a freaking twink lol. And with hair that's ok because there is a niche on the dating market for that. But without hair you just become a really awkward , skinny incel guy.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Masculine guys pull of the bald look better is something everyone can agree on. The problem is some guys will never look masculine , no matter how much we lift we will still look like a freaking twink lol. And with hair that's ok because there is a niche on the dating market for that. But without hair you just become a really awkward , skinny incel guy.

A bald twink looks pretty bad I agree. What is your norwood exactly?

I don't even go to the gym, I just do bodyweight exercises such as pushups, pullups and dips...results have actually been decent but I'm trying to achieve the lean swimmer look, not necessarily get big. It does help fill out your frame a bit, and I like how slim fit clothing fits me regardless.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I'm 19 , on finasteride for 1 year now. Can't notice any improvements but it's hard to say how fast I am losing ground. It seems to be relatively slow but seeing as my hair is already thin it really bothers me. I want to be career focused but somehow it is hard to focus on that stuff when you aren't happy with who you are.

Dude if your density is decent and you can style your hair, you're right in the game. You don't need to have a perfect NW1. Hell, I even think a NW2-3 looks better on guys, something about a perfectly straight hairline looks feminine to me anyway.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
Dude if your density is decent and you can style your hair, you're right in the game. You don't need to have a perfect NW1. Hell, I even think a NW2-3 looks better on guys, something about a perfectly straight hairline looks feminine to me anyway.

The physiological burden is heavy though . I almost never leave the house without a hat but when I do I combover my hair line with bangs so it does look decent. I appear as a full head. The thing is I'm constantly worrying about the wind , people touching my hair or it get messed up. For this reason I prefer to be more mentally stable by just putting on a hat.

I agree nw2 can look good on older rugged guys. However , I look like I am 16.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
The physiological burden is heavy though . I almost never leave the house without a hat but when I do I combover my hair line with bangs so it does look decent. I appear as a full head. The thing is I'm constantly worrying about the wind , people touching my hair or it get messed up. For this reason I prefer to be more mentally stable by just putting on a hat.

It's in your head man. Start the 100 pushup challenge today and you'll stop thinking about your hairline :D, which I'm sure is better than you think.

Once you look in the mirror and see scalp everywhere like I did before I started treatments...seeing your NW6 fate right before your eyes...washing your hair and realizing most of the shampoo is going to the donor area...because the the top is so weak and shitty...then start to worry a little haha.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

It's always the same, it depends on who's wearing that perfect NW1

6.jpg

Do-Justin-Bieber-Casual-Short-Hairstyle-37.jpg