Can Tsuji Help Dupa/retrograde Sufferers?

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that your realistic goal would be first stabilizing with upcoming topicals (follicum, way, choi...). and recovering the lost areas with tsuji.... as long as there's still some healthy hairs left (topical-dependant or not) it could be done and even more than once. some areas would be prioritized.since we're talking huge amounts of money.

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
even if you're left with no hair from dupa, if you really need hair, you can use your body/beard hair as donor.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it's very important to know whether you truly have the miniaturizing DUPA that is described in medical literature. Many people, myself included, mistakenly assumed that we had DUPA solely because we had diffuse hair loss all over our scalp. In my personal case, I had crohn's disease that was causing the hair loss. This disease was caused by tetracycline-class antibiotics I was taking for acne. In my case, no Tsuji treatment will work. Even IPS cell hair regeneration, because no matter what hair you put on my head, it will start to thin because it's an inflammatory response from the body that isn't caused by DHT (it's also still up for debate what exactly causes DUPA). My only hope for getting normal hair is controlling my disease through medication, and then seeking hair replacement if the hair doesn't grow back. If you have true DUPA, this first treatment in 2020 will not be a permanent cure for you. You'll get that when Organ Technologies finishes their work on immunized IPSC hair regeneration that they described in a recent press release. It's always possible that this 2020 treatment would hold you over for a decade+ before the new hair starts to miniaturize. There's honestly no way of knowing with any certainty at this point. Good luck man.

Belgianboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it's very important to know whether you truly have the miniaturizing DUPA that is described in medical literature. Many people, myself included, mistakenly assumed that we had DUPA solely because we had diffuse hair loss all over our scalp. In my personal case, I had crohn's disease that was causing the hair loss. This disease was caused by tetracycline-class antibiotics I was taking for acne. In my case, no Tsuji treatment will work. Even IPS cell hair regeneration, because no matter what hair you put on my head, it will start to thin because it's an inflammatory response from the body that isn't caused by DHT (it's also still up for debate what exactly causes DUPA). My only hope for getting normal hair is controlling my disease through medication, and then seeking hair replacement if the hair doesn't grow back. If you have true DUPA, this first treatment in 2020 will not be a permanent cure for you. You'll get that when Organ Technologies finishes their work on immunized IPSC hair regeneration that they described in a recent press release. It's always possible that this 2020 treatment would hold you over for a decade+ before the new hair starts to miniaturize. There's honestly no way of knowing with any certainty at this point. Good luck man.

What was your treatment exactly ?

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
even if you're left with no hair from dupa, if you really need hair, you can use your body/beard hair as donor.
Nope. Cells retain hair qualit, trust me you don't want pubes on your head.

I would imagine that if you have some stable hairs, even if somewhat miniaturized, they could harvest enough healthy cells to do the job. Even DUPAs have some hair at 50+ right? If those cells can last this long, they're good enough.
You might still need multiple procedures down the road depending on the case
@mjolnirvscat

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you have no miniturisation?

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope. Cells retain hair qualit, trust me you don't want pubes on your head.

I would imagine that if you have some stable hairs, even if somewhat miniaturized, they could harvest enough healthy cells to do the job. Even DUPAs have some hair at 50+ right? If those cells can last this long, they're good enough.
You might still need multiple procedures down the road depending on the case
@mjolnirvscat
Yes i know that's why i sais if you really want hair, whatever kind it is.
You can even use your body hair.

mjolnirvscat

My Regimen
Reaction score
DUPA is one thing retrograde is another. However, seems like in both cases there's always some dht resistant hair left somewhere in the scalp.
i have retrograde alopecia but it seems same thing with dupa to me. Cause in both of them, we lose our safe zone. Which one do you think better to be candidate of tsuji or replicell? Dupa or retro?

mjolnirvscat

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes i know that's why i sais if you really want hair, whatever kind it is.
You can even use your body hair.
If they can use body hair, then no problem for me, but real question is can they use body hair succesfully?

THALL

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i have retrograde alopecia but it seems same thing with dupa to me. Cause in both of them, we lose our safe zone. Which one do you think better to be candidate of tsuji or replicell? Dupa or retro?
Nope, DUPA is diffuse loss all over the scalp, retrograde is a loss of hair around the ears and on the back of the scalp starting low and going all the way up to the occipital bone. Even in the most extreme retrograde sufferers there's always a tiny tiny strip of hair, like 1x10 cm, given that you are already an NW7

mjolnirvscat

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope, DUPA is diffuse loss all over the scalp, retrograde is a loss of hair around the ears and on the back of the scalp starting low and going all the way up to the occipital bone. Even in the most extreme retrograde sufferers there's always a tiny tiny strip of hair, like 1x10 cm, given that you are already an NW7
Thanks, so retrograde sufferers can benefit from tsuji/replicell

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you have no miniturisation?
There are wispy and unhealthy hairs, but these hairs aren't what you would ordinarily see in a patient with DUPA. They're very thin and grow long, while retaining some pigment. It's been like this for over 5 years and the thinning comes in waves that roughly correspond to my bowel issues. Here's a case study and analysis on the connection between IBD and diffuse hair loss: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1292143/pdf/jrsocmed00150-0067.pdf. This is a subject that I've seen exactly zero discussion on during my time researching DUPA. I think it's something more people should know about and I plan on making a post in the published studies section of the forum eventually.
What was your treatment exactly ?
For Crohn's or for acne? I apologize; I'm not sure what you're asking.

mjolnirvscat

My Regimen
Reaction score

Last edited:

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
About your acne treatment. Was it Accutane?
It was minocycline. Although if you were treated with accutane, that's even more severe. Unexplained hair loss is well documented in patients treated with this drug. Incidentally, accutane also carries a significant risk of leading to IBD. However, in this case it appears to most frequently cause Ulcerative Colitis rather than Crohn's. I'm not positive of a link between UC and hair loss, but it's worth looking into. If you took accutane just before the onset of diffuse hair loss, I would go as far to say it's almost certainly not DUPA. But since I'm not a medical professional, take this with a grain of salt. I'm just sharing personal research and conclusions.

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are wispy and unhealthy hairs, but these hairs aren't what you would ordinarily see in a patient with DUPA. They're very thin and grow long, while retaining some pigment. It's been like this for over 5 years and the thinning comes in waves that roughly correspond to my bowel issues. Here's a case study and analysis on the connection between IBD and diffuse hair loss: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1292143/pdf/jrsocmed00150-0067.pdf. This is a subject that I've seen exactly zero discussion on during my time researching DUPA. I think it's something more people should know about and I plan on making a post in the published studies section of the forum eventually.

For Crohn's or for acne? I apologize; I'm not sure what you're asking.
Wait that’s exactly what I have!! You mean that’s not miniaturisation?!! I thought it was en route - long pigmented thin hair, indeed, but not like the stunted ones on my hairline. Weird