Can Travel - Where In The World Can I Have Hair Transplants Done?

anonym0us

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm starting to bald :( I'd love to have hair....

Does any one know where is best and reasonably cheap? I say reasonably as in circa 1.5-2K GBP

I live in the UK, and they're about 12K here according to a 30 second Google search. I'm willing to travel. I mean they'd obviously have the be good too, not just cheap

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are starting to bald you shouldn’t be considering a transplant, you should be considering which meds you want to take to treat it. Transplants are a last line of attack and it isn’t a good idea skimping on the quality of a surgeon either, 2K simply won’t cut it. You should certainly avoid UK surgeons as they all lack any modicom of quality in this field maybe barring Dr. Ball and more importantly money would go further elsewhere.

anonym0us

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are starting to bald you shouldn’t be considering a transplant, you should be considering which meds you want to take to treat it. Transplants are a last line of attack and it isn’t a good idea skimping on the quality of a surgeon either, 2K simply won’t cut it. You should certainly avoid UK surgeons as they all lack any modicom of quality in this field maybe barring Dr. Ball and more importantly money would go further elsewhere.

Thanks. What medication do you think I should buy, and from where ?

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. What medication do you think I should buy, and from where ?

Start with the Big 3, Minoxidil, Finasteride, and Nizoral, all easily available. Finasteride can be acquired in a lot of online UK pharmacies by completeing a simple questionaire (i.e., Dr Fox).

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if you were to get a transplant you’d continue to lose hair behind it. That’s why most surgeons require their patients to be on finasteride for st least a year before going for a transplant.

Good thing about finasteride/minoxidil is you have a high chance of keeping what you have for a while, and even some chance of regrowth. You might not even need the transplant if you’re in the beginning stages of balding!

anonym0us

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if you were to get a transplant you’d continue to lose hair behind it. That’s why most surgeons require their patients to be on finasteride for st least a year before going for a transplant.

Good thing about finasteride/minoxidil is you have a high chance of keeping what you have for a while, and even some chance of regrowth. You might not even need the transplant if you’re in the beginning stages of balding!

Thanks for that. Do you know where I can buy that in the UK? As in where's best? ALso what's better? finasteride or minoxidil?

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for that. Do you know where I can buy that in the UK? As in where's best? ALso what's better? finasteride or minoxidil?
Get a prescription for finasteride from your dermatologist. You have any pics?