Can this happen to non-responders?? Please advise!

esoteric716

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick backstory, I stabilized my hair loss for 10 years on some supplements (Procerin), baby shampoo, and decent diet plus good hydration (2 liters a day). With my buzzcut and some particular cutting, you couldn't really tell I was losing hair. So I tried to actually regrow hair, and got on Kirkland foam about 2 years ago.

Since then, never any improvement, but not much worsening either. So I try to jump off, and it seems to worsen...get back on, and been back on pretty consistently for about a year now.

However now, my hair is worse than ever? When I apply minoxidil, the scalp is pretty red, especially the crown. Keto shampoo helped a minor folliculitis issue I was having, but since then I've still been having hella issues, especially with scalp redness and increased hair fall every day :(

Current regimen:
- 2 Procerin tablets at night (been on for over 10 years now)
- doxycycline morning and night (leftover from folliculitis, derm said to stay on for its anti-inflammatory + antibiotic properties)
- Hair Max supplement (mostly just vitamins and some sh*t) once a day, as opposed to recommended 2
- baby shampoo (keto seemed to fry my hair and cause additional loss)

I don't know what could be causing this and I don't know what to do because I'm losing the battle and its absolutely killing my self confidence and now affecting my relationship... :( Really need some advice here...

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Quick backstory, I stabilized my hair loss for 10 years on some supplements (Procerin), baby shampoo, and decent diet plus good hydration (2 liters a day). With my buzzcut and some particular cutting, you couldn't really tell I was losing hair. So I tried to actually regrow hair, and got on Kirkland foam about 2 years ago.

Since then, never any improvement, but not much worsening either. So I try to jump off, and it seems to worsen...get back on, and been back on pretty consistently for about a year now.

However now, my hair is worse than ever? When I apply minoxidil, the scalp is pretty red, especially the crown. Keto shampoo helped a minor folliculitis issue I was having, but since then I've still been having hella issues, especially with scalp redness and increased hair fall every day :(

Current regimen:
- doxycycline morning and night (leftover from folliculitis, derm said to stay on for its anti-inflammatory + antibiotic properties)
- Hair Max supplement (mostly just vitamins and some sh*t) once a day, as opposed to recommended 2

I don't know what could be causing this and I don't know what to do because I'm losing the battle and its absolutely killing my self confidence and now affecting my relationship... :( Really need some advice here...
I don't think Procerin would be as effective as finasteride or dutasteride so I think there lies your problem. If it's killing your self confidence, how far are you willing to go with your treatments?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score

Current regimen:

Bro. Applying Topical minoxidill can definately cause scalp inflammation, scalp pain and redness and flaky scalp which can lead to hairloss, I think topical treatments each day with alcohol and pg is counter productive for some People with sensitive scalps. Red scalp indicates inflammation which will cause permanent hairloss even happened to me once on minoxidill. Apply oil to scalp to soothen it and reduce the inflammation and dryness.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score

Current regimen:

Take 5mg oral minoxidill twice a day instead of topical.

NW9000

Established Member
Reaction score
none of the stuff you took does anything or did anything, you just genetically stabilized and you are delusional

anyway if minoxidil gives problems then just use the foam version?

esoteric716

My Regimen
Reaction score
none of the stuff you took does anything or did anything, you just genetically stabilized and you are delusional

anyway if minoxidil gives problems then just use the foam version?
Maybe you missed the part where I said "So I tried to actually regrow hair, and got on Kirkland foam about 2 years ago."

That said, idk what your problem is. There is no reason to reply in such a rude manner whatsoever.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there, thanks for your response. Based on my question, can I ask why you suggest that method? And what are your results on it as compared to topical?
Because of your scalp problem. And oral usually works better than topical.

esoteric716

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think Procerin would be as effective as finasteride or dutasteride so I think there lies your problem. If it's killing your self confidence, how far are you willing to go with your treatments?
I have no reason to believe that. Procerin stabilized my hair loss for 10 years basically on its own. The additional hair loss only occurred after I started minoxidil and got weird scalp issues, plus the ketoconazole recently seemed to really increase it. I've always had a very dry and sensitive scalp, so it doesnt respond well to chemicals.

Also @losingbattle88 , I apologize, I didn't see your initial reply above the one I responded to. Still getting used to this forum. Should have put all these responses in one post. My bad yall.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I have no reason to believe that. Procerin stabilized my hair loss for 10 years basically on its own. The additional hair loss only occurred after I started minoxidil and got weird scalp issues, plus the ketoconazole recently seemed to really increase it. I've always had a very dry and sensitive scalp, so it doesnt respond well to chemicals.

Also @losingbattle88 , I apologize, I didn't see your initial reply above the one I responded to. Still getting used to this forum. Should have put all these responses in one post. My bad yall.
Minoxidil can cause scalp issues for some people and it does cause a Telogen Effluvium so anything it possible.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro. Applying Topical minoxidill can definately cause scalp inflammation, scalp pain and redness and flaky scalp which can lead to hairloss, I think topical treatments each day with alcohol and pg is counter productive for some People with sensitive scalps. Red scalp indicates inflammation which will cause permanent hairloss even happened to me once on minoxidill. Apply oil to scalp to soothen it and reduce the inflammation and dryness.
i totaly wonder if topical minoxidil cause me more diffuse thinning because of the constant inflammation