Can Symptoms Start Suddenly After Long Term Use?

Jj42

My Regimen
Reaction score
Over the last two months I've been super stressed and lately I noticed much lower semen volume and weaker erections. It takes a bit longer to get one, and I was struggling alone until I decided to watch p**rn and then got really hard. My diet did not have enough fat in it since January, and I think that's a factor, as I was dieting while stressed, but I'm still not sure. Basically I wanted to know if I was asymptomatic would symptoms still appear after long term use? And if so, should I consult my doctor? I had great sex about four months ago, and three months ago everything but sex for over an hour with multiple sessions. So I'm kind of wondering why, with the same batch of finasteride as well, I might notice sides.

My current plan is just slowly decrease the dose over weeks and see what results, after two weeks of fixing my diet and working on stress levels. Given that it's hormonal, it may take time to fix if it's due to finasteride, but I'm feeling confident.

Valiant

Established Member
Reaction score
Jj42,

How long is long-term? I used finasteride for about 6 or 7 years then quit thinking it may have contributed to some prostatitis and then only when I quit did the sides hit me. So, it is possible but not likely that you all of a sudden developed sides after long-term use.

If you have a lot of other issues going on in your life, I would not immediately assume that it is the finasteride.

Val