Can someone update me on treatments?

Woodyy

Reaction score
Hi all,

My hair started thinning a bit at the temples just over 3 years ago, I started using spironolactone cream and minoxidil and got it under control, I stopped worrying about it all too much and I've kind of fallen out of the loop in regards to my knowledge of current treatments and so I've got a few questions as I fear it might be getting worse again:

- I'm guessing minoxidil is still pretty highly rated but what about spironolactone cream?
- Is Nizoral shampoo worth adding in?
- Are there any other topicals that are worth it?
- I've been pretty inconsistent with spironolactone and minoxidil, could being more consistent (at least once a day) be enough to stop hair loss?

Before anyone mentions finasteride, I am willing to use it only if I notice using a more aggressive & consistent topical regimen isn't working.

Thanks

diehunnen123

Banned
Reaction score
Hi all,

My hair started thinning a bit at the temples just over 3 years ago, I started using spironolactone cream and minoxidil and got it under control, I stopped worrying about it all too much and I've kind of fallen out of the loop in regards to my knowledge of current treatments and so I've got a few questions as I fear it might be getting worse again:

- I'm guessing minoxidil is still pretty highly rated but what about spironolactone cream?
- Is Nizoral shampoo worth adding in?
- Are there any other topicals that are worth it?
- I've been pretty inconsistent with spironolactone and minoxidil, could being more consistent (at least once a day) be enough to stop hair loss?

Before anyone mentions finasteride, I am willing to use it only if I notice using a more aggressive & consistent topical regimen isn't working.

Thanks

Finasteride, Minoxidil, Keto shampoo. stick to the basics and the treatments that were proven to work.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yeah. The problem with avoiding finasteride is there is no good topical regime which is why finasteride is still so important. There just isnt any real alternative, and unfortunately androgens cause male pattern baldness so its hard to ignore the root causes of male pattern baldness and still keep your hair