CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THE ITCH? I need help.

thekingofbomp

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am 23 year old guy with very aggressive balding. My father was NW7 by 25. I am now nw2 with diffuse thinning. I started finasteride/min but after 3 months of not losing hair, my hair started shedding again for the next 3 months and I way below baseline. Then I started 50mg of RU58841 and after 7 days of using RU - my itch stopped again and I saw great regrowth. Fast forward to now - I started itching 7 days ago and I am losing my hair again. Looks like when I itch I lose hair. So what should I start next, should I add dutasteride instead of finasteride? I am at a loss right now, this itch is constantly reminding me that I am losing my hair and it is driving me insane. Thank you.

Here For the Lulz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There isn’t a causal relationship between hair loss and itchy scalp, but there is correlation . As for how you get rid of it…consider the repetitive cycles of Scalp dries out, you scratch it and create damage that then becomes irritated/starts to itch, scalp dries out, and so on…then find a point wherein you will break that cycle.

As for which is best treatment…definitely stay on finasteride; dutasteride is a last resort and you shouldn’t use it unless you have to. What you really need is patience: Every hairloss treatment available requires months to years to show results and you will go crazy if you obsess over it every day.

thekingofbomp

My Regimen
Reaction score
There isn’t a causal relationship between hair loss and itchy scalp, but there is correlation . As for how you get rid of it…consider the repetitive cycles of Scalp dries out, you scratch it and create damage that then becomes irritated/starts to itch, scalp dries out, and so on…then find a point wherein you will break that cycle.

As for which is best treatment…definitely stay on finasteride; dutasteride is a last resort and you shouldn’t use it unless you have to. What you really need is patience: Every hairloss treatment available requires months to years to show results and you will go crazy if you obsess over it every day.
I was also thinking that maybe alcohol from topical caused my scalp to dry out. How do you suggest I solve this? I didn’t understand you properly. Thanks

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The itch is the biggest mystery of all. My itch is insane. finasteride hasn’t settled it down much. Clean eating helps a bit I think. Other than that constant itch and shed!

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The itch is caused by hairs falling out prematurely. They are sign of male pattern baldness not the cause. I beleive but it can be also a sign of a scalp infection. I recently started in finasteride for a month or so. My scalp had this burning sensation or a wounded sensation whenever I scratch on it or use a shampoo. After taking finasteride it disappeared . And MBP has a little correlation to this types of scalp infection. In other words with scalp infection U will experience shedding and y but u will not experience miniaturization. Miniaturezation is a feature of male pattern baldness.

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Buy aloe Vera in a spray form (Amazon) also peppermint oil and tea tree oil. Mix aloe spray with the essential oils. Spray on your head when you feel the itch. Works wonders.

mackr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Buy aloe Vera in a spray form (Amazon) also peppermint oil and tea tree oil. Mix aloe spray with the essential oils. Spray on your head when you feel the itch. Works wonders.
Can I use simple aloe?

Yarkira

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great advice! After reading the reviews on this site, I bought a Kaleidoscope Therapeutic Conditioner which contains a combination of peppermint and tea tree oils and it helped me get rid of the itch. Though I didn't think about doing such a mix by myself. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited: