Can Someone Help Me Out With Propecia Med?

JoeyJTx

My Regimen
Reaction score
Really dont know what to do at this point, im 30 and my hair is thining. Dr. Arocha looked at it, and said he can see the diffusion between the top and the crown, but i still kept my hairline. He reccomends I start on propecia, minoxidil, laser cap, and prp.

Prp is around $5k, and the laser cap is around 2-3k. I just started taking rogaine and so far, no serious side effects besides my hair is patchy and seems to be shedding more.

I really would like to hear the real deal about propercia. Im hearing others say they have memory loss, increases chances of dementia, sex issues, and more. Then i hear others saying its all in your head. There are no side effects. Heck, Dr. Arocha told me begin taking it again, and he seems to have a nice set of hair.

Just really trying to get a clear honest answer.

Should i go forward or go to a primary care physician before i begin using it?

Thanks.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When somebody tells you it's all in your head, he's full of sh*t. Event the initial studies confirm that there are sides involved with this medication (like other meds). Whether you will suffer from these sides or not, you can't really know unless you take it. PRP is expensive bullshit and probably so is the laser cap. So far the only proven solution is Fina (and it seems that adding minoxidil and Nizoral really hits the sweet spot). So if your are willing to take the risk (some say 2-3% risk, other say 15% risk) your best bet seems to be finasteride (and maybe combine with Minoxidil and Nizoral). I would disregerad the PRP, laser cap, onion juice and other crap.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Just try finasteride man... if you get sides you stop and slowly get back to normal... I took the sh*t for years on and off and recently came off due to majorly low libido... 16 days out and everything is returning back to normal man, worth a shot imo... I’ll probably end up back on it once I get over this honey moon phase of my relationship lol

Joseph Haston Green

My Regimen
Reaction score
When somebody tells you it's all in your head, he's full of sh*t. Event the initial studies confirm that there are sides involved with this medication (like other meds). Whether you will suffer from these sides or not, you can't really know unless you take it. PRP is expensive bullshit and probably so is the laser cap. So far the only proven solution is Fina (and it seems that adding minoxidil and Nizoral really hits the sweet spot). So if your are willing to take the risk (some say 2-3% risk, other say 15% risk) your best bet seems to be finasteride (and maybe combine with Minoxidil and Nizoral). I would disregerad the PRP, laser cap, onion juice and other crap.
I don't know. I took it for years and got off for awhile. Started taking again until I developed sides after 5 months. sh*t still ain't back to normal.

Joseph Haston Green

My Regimen
Reaction score
Really dont know what to do at this point, im 30 and my hair is thining. Dr. Arocha looked at it, and said he can see the diffusion between the top and the crown, but i still kept my hairline. He reccomends I start on propecia, minoxidil, laser cap, and prp.

Prp is around $5k, and the laser cap is around 2-3k. I just started taking rogaine and so far, no serious side effects besides my hair is patchy and seems to be shedding more.

I really would like to hear the real deal about propercia. Im hearing others say they have memory loss, increases chances of dementia, sex issues, and more. Then i hear others saying its all in your head. There are no side effects. Heck, Dr. Arocha told me begin taking it again, and he seems to have a nice set of hair.

Just really trying to get a clear honest answer.

Should i go forward or go to a primary care physician before i begin using it?

Thanks.
You can get laser treatment a lot cheaper than that. Who quoted you PRP for $5000? I am getting my done at a dermatology clinic for $300 a pop.

Hypno 985

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would definitely not take finasteride. It is far too much of a risk, regardless of how small. Just stick with what you are doing. Trust me. I would do anything to go back in time and not have taken this med. It completely derailed my life and has left me in a state of terror