Can someome with some knowledge please answer..

Thomaseg1975

Reaction score
I read some post where guys say minoxidil messed up temples and I read some posts where it is effective. Can anyone shed some light on this topic before I decide to try minoxidil on my temples and hairline again. I stopped propecia and minoxidil for 3 months because I was an Idiot. I had been on it 9 months. Didnt really grow more hair but hair seemed to be thicker. Now after 3 months off of it my hair is VERY thin on top and seem to have lost more in temples. I just got back on propecia last week. Should throw in some minoxidil or should I not? And will i have to wait 9 months again to get my hair back where it was?

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes get back on it. If you stop minoxidil you loose minoxidil hairs so get back on it to try and get back the minoxidil hairs you lost

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dinzy is right. Get back on the minoxidil........absolutely!! What strength were you using..........2%,5% or stronger or what?

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
minoxidil isnt as effective on the temples and hairline as the vertex. finasteride, if it doesnt give you any regrowth would maintain, as you said your hair looked thicker.

stay on the two.

eliazush

Established Member
Reaction score
Xandrox 5% works exactly like plain 5% for me. I am not a big advocate of azelaic acid. Xandrox 15%, however is much stronger because of the high minoxidil conentration. Try it on your temples.

Good luck!

WithTheLidOff

Established Member
Reaction score
i have been applying minoxidil to the temples for almost a year now..because I was in the "i dont really have anything to lose" boat. The hairs there have grown back much thicker, and i could swear that there are a little bit more of them. Nothing magical..but enough to make a noticeable difference.

norain

Reaction score
i used minoxidil on my temples and nothing really happened, the little hair i have left wasnt effectd and i didnt grow any new hair