Can Some Products Make Hair Loss Worse?

Frank K.

My Regimen
Reaction score
I been so paranoid that I don't use anything on my hair anymore. I read a few things that suggest that hair products, specially foams and gels that tend to get on the scalp, they actually block the hair follicle. So if you do have new hair growth, it can greatly effect its chances or becoming thick and healthy.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
But minoxidil comes also in the form of a foam...
It think it depends on the product.
Actually people who have a lot of hair usually have gel because it's so cool. I think they would be the first to know.

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is nothing to do with being paranoid, it's just being a man. Using gel and hair products ? Meh
Just give me back my full thick dense NW1 that I used to have, who cares about styling products, most guys that use gel look like school graders. While there are some products that make your look slightly "cooler" and not childish, I still think that in the long run it's best to leave your hair the f*** alone. I may be wrong but whatever.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Apparently not, Supposedly they have no effect on it, the fibres are all cut at a size that are too large to clog up the pores, and the follicles.
SO they say, Dermmatch also supposedly natural. My hair has got rubbish after using these for years, but that's because I'm not on any meds to keep what I have, so chances are that's not the products