Can See Scalp Under Light.thinning Hair?

maxy

My Regimen
Reaction score
tyaj2xbnp
6mkl237kf
dxnmsv28b
I'm 17 and I can easily see my scalp through light.what do I do? My father is little bald.am I balding?? Please help guys

maxy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pics

Attachments

• IMG_20161207_193110.jpg
    IMG_20161207_193110.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 19,926
  • IMG_20161207_192830.jpg
    IMG_20161207_192830.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 23,803

shookwun

Reaction score
Son, you're balding.

It is time for finasteride.

maxy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Son, you're balding.

Oh sh*t. Im not gonna take any medications. You sure in balding? Not like Telogen effluvium or something? Ah crap!! And if I'm balding how much time doew it take for everyone to notice it?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are definitely showing signs of hair loss...
In fact i would say its defuse.

Go to Dr.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

You and me have similar hair loss pattern. diffuse thinning every where. If this is happening AT SEVENTEEN, then you need to consult and Doctor and consider treatment, otherwise, the future is baldness. Even if it was Telogen Effluvium, I've never seen it that aggressively in a younger person. Usually, if it's not accompanied by male pattern baldness, it's almost unnoticeable in younger people, unless it's severe. Get on minoxidil now. consider finasteride later.

Illusions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Son, you're balding.

But he's 17.

As others have pointed out, it does look like thinning. It's easier said than done at such a young age, but make sure you don't panic and the good news is you've caught it early so there's a very good chance you'll be able to maintain/regrow, is there hair loss in your family?

maxy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes my dad and my brother is bald. Is this that critical? Is my hair loss that bad? What to do?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes my dad and my brother is bald. Is this that critical? Is my hair loss that bad? What to do?

That means its in your genes to lose hair...Sorry to say this because you are so young.

maxy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you like tell me how much time I have left until everyone can easily find out im bald?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you like tell me how much time I have left until everyone can easily find out im bald?

we don't know the answers to these things my friend. what we can tell you is that most people that start losing their hair really young, tend to lose it quite quickly. you may have had a bout of Telogen Effluvium that sped up the process, and it might slow down... that's possible, it's happened to me. you need to see a dermatologist. no one here can answer these specific physiological questions based on two pictures.

maxy

My Regimen
Reaction score
we don't know the answers to these things my friend. what we can tell you is that most people that start losing their hair really young, tend to lose it quite quickly. you may have had a bout of Telogen Effluvium that sped up the process, and it might slow down... that's possible, it's happened to me. you need to see a dermatologist. no one here can answer these specific physiological questions based on two pictures.
Oh okay :( but it doesn't look like male pattern baldness. Any guess what's my issue?

diffuse_thinner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
tyaj2xbnp
6mkl237kf
dxnmsv28b
I'm 17 and I can easily see my scalp through light.what do I do? My father is little bald.am I balding?? Please help guys
This is how my hair loiss began; hairline intact, balding right behind. Get on treatments and try concealers like Dermatch/Toppik. In the early stages of hair loss they can do wonders and will give you more confidence

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh okay :( but it doesn't look like male pattern baldness. Any guess what's my issue?

Your pattern looks at least for now more 'defuse'...its not that uncommon a lot of men have it like this here on the site..this is how many women get it also.

maxy

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is how my hair loiss began; hairline intact, balding right behind. Get on treatments and try concealers like Dermatch/Toppik. In the early stages of hair loss they can do wonders and will give you more confidence
Hmm okay.thanks

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I am so sorry my friend. To me, it does look like male pattern baldness. Very similar to how me and both my brothers have it. Slightly diffused throughout the top. I assume your sides and back are thick? f*** man, sorry you have to deal with this bullshit at such a young age. perhaps you'll respond well to treatments. Research minoxidil now, and consider it strongly. Also start researching finasteride (propecia) and consider it when you're 18. If you have any questions, we are here for you man! :)

maxy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am so sorry my friend. To me, it does look like male pattern baldness. Very similar to how me and both my brothers have it. Slightly diffused throughout the top. I assume your sides and back are thick? f*** man, sorry you have to deal with this bullshit at such a young age. perhaps you'll respond well to treatments. Research minoxidil now, and consider it strongly. Also start researching finasteride (propecia) and consider it when you're 18. If you have any questions, we are here for you man! :)
Any side effects to minoxidil ? And I'll be like full bald in a year if I don't take that ?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any side effects to minoxidil ? And I'll be like full bald in a year if I don't take that ?

please read what I wrote - NO one in the universe knows how bald you will be in a year. no one! There are a few side effects noted for minoxidil, but it's a relatively safe topical medication. please google it and read about it. it may really help you.

maxy

My Regimen
Reaction score
please read what I wrote - NO one in the universe knows how bald you will be in a year. no one! There are a few side effects noted for minoxidil, but it's a relatively safe topical medication. please google it and read about it. it may really help you.

Okay bro thanks for all the help bro. I'll see about it.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

you are pretty young so it would be good for you to see a Dr who specializes in alopecia..a physician like a dermatologist or an endocrinologist (hormone Dr).

Can you make an appointment to see DR where you live?