Can Scalp Massage End Up Speeding Up male pattern baldness?

chrismadsen

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, because there is a difference between scalp massages and even derma rolling, which causes acute inflammation. This type is resolved, and the inflammatory response stops. In chronic scalp tension, the inflammatory response is also chronic, but since the issue isn't resolved, this response keeps going and slowly causes fibrosis to build up in the scalp. However, scalp massages will cause an initial shed with a lot of the weaker hairs falling out. This is only temporary and should regrow with stronger hair with greater follicle width in the coming months. Luckily, I go to excellent professionals https://smileanma.com, so I don't have to worry about going bald lol.

Last edited:

heatkelly

My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way, I also thought about the fact that frequent head massage can start or accelerate baldness. If you think about it, it really looks like the truth. In theory, somewhere you can accidentally pull out a hair or somehow spoil its base, which is why it will soon fall out. My hair is fine, even after a lot of massage sessions. The first time I went for it, It was at Erotic massage London and I was shocked that a professional massage in this area helps to relax a lot. I probably won't abuse it so much after reading this thread, but I definitely won't stop doing it. Sometimes a good head massage is what you need after a hard day's work. In addition, I work with my brain, that's why my head needs a rest.

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i dont do any massages on my head but i observed something while i started on treatment 2-3 years back on supplements. like omega 3 and MSM
like some of here stated : The hairline slightly receded more but the hair above it got thicker..and my remples slightly got to better. and my crown actually has some light filling in which feels like carpet fibres an doverall tha hair feels a bit rougher to touch in texture.. however the dfferences are subtle but noticeable

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I noticed scalp massages do 2 things

1. Make my hair greasy. I guess I'm stimulating and increasing sebum

2. Make it thinner and recede faster

And i ain't pulling out any hair either. its just getting thinner.

rgavro

My Regimen
Reaction score
are you on finasteride, neddy? or were you just scalp massaging without using finasteride as well?

ninarosshairtherapy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's no conclusive evidence that scalp massage directly speeds up male pattern baldness (androgenetic alopecia). However, some studies suggest it might have indirect benefits that could potentially slow down hair loss or promote hair growth. Here's a breakdown:

Potential Benefits of Scalp Massage:

• Improved Blood Circulation: Scalp massage might improve blood flow to the scalp, which could deliver essential nutrients to hair follicles and promote hair growth. However, more research is needed to confirm this definitively.
  • Stress Reduction: Chronic stress can contribute to hair loss. Scalp massage has a relaxing effect, which might indirectly help manage stress and potentially slow down stress-related hair loss.
  • Hair Follicle Stimulation: Some believe that scalp massage might stimulate hair follicles, but the scientific evidence for this is limited.
Things to Consider:

• Limited Research: While there are some promising theories, the research on scalp massage and hair loss is ongoing. More high-quality studies are needed to determine its effectiveness conclusively.
  • Massage Technique: The effectiveness of scalp massage for hair loss might depend on the specific technique and duration. There's no single standardized approach.
  • Individual Results: Even if scalp massage does promote hair growth, individual results may vary. Genetics plays a significant role in male pattern baldness.
Here's what you can do:

• Continue with Established Treatments: Finasteride is a well-established medication for treating male pattern baldness. If you're already using it, continue as prescribed by your doctor.
  • Consider Scalp Massage as a Supplement: You can incorporate scalp massage into your hair care routine as a potential supplementary approach.
  • Focus on Gentle Techniques: Use gentle to moderate pressure and avoid any aggressive pulling or rubbing that could irritate your scalp.
  • Be Patient and Consistent: If you decide to try scalp massage, be patient and consistent with it. It might take some time to see results, if any.
If you're experiencing hair loss, consult a dermatologist. They can diagnose the underlying cause and recommend the most appropriate treatment options for you. This might include medications like finasteride, minoxidil (Rogaine), or other therapies depending on your specific situation.