Can S5 Cream Cause A Shed Like minoxidil And finasteride?

tjnpdx

Banned
Reaction score
Similar to the expected shed from minoxidil and finasteride, can S5 cause a shed? Even in theory?

I've just added S5 cream, and I use nizoral twice a week, too. Ever since adding the S5 just two days ago, I've noticed very apparent shedding on my hairline when I've applied it.

Thanks

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used a topical spironolactone spray with estrodial I did not shed the way i shed when i started minoxidil
I think the topical sprio might have actually slowed down my shedding hard to say
i was on topical spironolactone for about 6 weeks before i started minxodil.
once i was on minodil i shed 2 weeks in--not as bad as i thought it would be--it was heavy for a few days lasted about 2 weeks..now have no shedding of short hairs and i have some regrowth.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep in mind i was shedding heavy already before starting the spironolactone--so its hard to say if it was increased in beginning..but it was not the kind of shed i had on minoxidil--that was like 150-200 hairs a day.

tjnpdx

Banned
Reaction score
I'm practically positive that its from the S5 cream. I'm just surprised. I didn't expect regrowth from spironolactone, but I also wasn't expecting a shed. Now I'm at a loss whether I should even use it.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm practically positive that its from the S5 cream. I'm just surprised. I didn't expect regrowth from spironolactone, but I also wasn't expecting a shed. Now I'm at a loss whether I should even use it.

I have read women who take oral spironolactone--some get a 'dread shed' similar to minoxidil..but its a high dose oral and its not everyone--but its possible i guess.