Can Rogaine Foam Make Your Condition Worse Than Before?

richan31

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone that knows about Rogaine can help me with this question. I'm 33 years old and I noticed that I have a small spot on the top of my head that is not showing as much hair as everywhere else on my head. There's some hair. It's not completely bald. But it does bother me. My question is...If I decide to use Rogaine and then find out that it's not really working for me, then decide to stop. Is there a possibility that my condition will worsen than was originally the case? I only ask because I was reading on the website that if I stopped using it that I would start losing hair again. I just don't want to be more bald up there than now if I decide to stop using it. For anyone that experience with Rogaine, I would definitely appreciate input. Thanks!

longtime

Reaction score
I think you'll likely experience the falling:
start using it and if it's working you'll notice your hair start to get worse for a short period of time(shed), this will follow by the hair growing back hopefully noticeably thicker (little bald spot gone), you'll need to keep using to maintain the positive results. if you stop using you'll lose all gains and continue lose as you were before, but it is very unlikely that using rogaine would ever cause your overall condition to get worse.
long term though if your looking to maintain any of the regrowth from rogaine your probably going to want to seriously consider adding propecia to the mix.