Can Propecia Make Hair Loss Worse Thinking About Starting On It?

Ninjarambohd

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been reading online about how propcia made peoples hair worse. Here's the deal. My dad started to lose his hair in his mid 20s moms side have no hair loss but dads side, well.........

I feel as if I'm beginning to thin diffusely. My hairline is intact but I have lost volume on top and when my hair is wel scalp is easily visible. Therefore I want to stop it at it's tracks but I'm afraid it'll make my situation worse because right now if I don't cut my hair short my scalp isn't visible.

So I want to get on Propecia. 1. I'm 23 will it bring my hair back to it's original state or does propecia not regrow hair at all just maintains it? 2. How long would it take to see results? 3. Can it make my situation worse? Cause so much shredding that my scalp goes slick bald or start to recede? And 4. Do I have to use it with Minoxidil or will propecia work on it's own?

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been reading online about how propcia made peoples hair worse. Here's the deal. My dad started to lose his hair in his mid 20s moms side have no hair loss but dads side, well.........

I feel as if I'm beginning to thin diffusely. My hairline is intact but I have lost volume on top and when my hair is wel scalp is easily visible. Therefore I want to stop it at it's tracks but I'm afraid it'll make my situation worse because right now if I don't cut my hair short my scalp isn't visible.

So I want to get on Propecia. 1. I'm 23 will it bring my hair back to it's original state or does propecia not regrow hair at all just maintains it? 2. How long would it take to see results? 3. Can it make my situation worse? Cause so much shredding that my scalp goes slick bald or start to recede? And 4. Do I have to use it with Minoxidil or will propecia work on it's own?

First of all, pictures would help to get a better understanding of your situation.

Finasteride works in the overwhelming majority of people who take it. How well depends on the severity of your hairloss and your own genetics. The earlier you start, the better.

Finasteride and minoxidil will cause a shed to happen. This is weak hair falling out and being replaced by healthier, stronger hair. So initially it will look as though you're losing more hair but the results will pay off. Big time.

Results take about 6 months to become noticeable, and peak at around 18 months.

Finasteride works best with minoxidil. Use both if possible.

cretin

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
it wont make hair loss worse it just doesn't work for a large group of people, like 40%

sh*t drug. some baldy c*** will try to tell you otherwise because hes still rocking a slowly thinning combover thanks to 20 years of watery semen and wishy washy erections. Maybe it work for you, maybe it don't. Try.

Ninjarambohd

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all, pictures would help to get a better understanding of your situation.

Finasteride works in the overwhelming majority of people who take it. How well depends on the severity of your hairloss and your own genetics. The earlier you start, the better.

Finasteride and minoxidil will cause a shed to happen. This is weak hair falling out and being replaced by healthier, stronger hair. So initially it will look as though you're losing more hair but the results will pay off. Big time.

Ok do it only causes the weak miniaturised hairs to fall out? Will it give me back the density I had say 3 years ago? I will attach some pictures soon.

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Man i hope this is true, im 3 months on finadteride and i might have to shave my head... I went from nw2 to nw4 kinda... Wtf is wrong?

Ninjarambohd

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pictures. First picture is in November of 2014

Attachments

• _20171231_005648.JPG
    _20171231_005648.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 726
  • _20171231_005617.JPG
    _20171231_005617.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 910
  • _20171231_005557.JPG
    _20171231_005557.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 745
  • _20171231_005529.JPG
    _20171231_005529.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 725
  • _20171231_005502.JPG
    _20171231_005502.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 787

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
it wont make hair loss worse it just doesn't work for a large group of people, like 40%

sh*t drug. some baldy c*** will try to tell you otherwise because hes still rocking a slowly thinning combover thanks to 20 years of watery semen and wishy washy erections. Maybe it work for you, maybe it don't. Try.

it definitely can make hair loss much, much worst. People know my story and several others on here. I would still recommend considering it if you have male pattern baldness.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Ninjarambohd

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
More pictures all from 1 month ago.

Attachments

• _20171231_011902.JPG
    _20171231_011902.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 599
  • _20171231_011836.JPG
    _20171231_011836.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 565
  • _20171231_011732.JPG
    _20171231_011732.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 555
  • _20171231_011802.JPG
    _20171231_011802.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 548
  • _20171231_011716.JPG
    _20171231_011716.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 599
  • _20171231_011656.JPG
    _20171231_011656.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 597
  • _20171231_011642.JPG
    _20171231_011642.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 582
  • _20171231_011623.JPG
    _20171231_011623.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 581
  • _20171231_011545.JPG
    _20171231_011545.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 547
  • _20171231_011519.JPG
    _20171231_011519.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 619

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
More pictures all from 1 month ago.

Based on the pictures taken a month ago, your hair looks fine. If you are so concerned about it, go to a dermatologist and get a scalp biopsy. That will tell you whether or not you have male pattern baldness.

Best of luck.

Ninjarambohd

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Based on the pictures taken a month ago, your hair looks fine. If you are so concerned about it, go to a dermatologist and get a scalp biopsy. That will tell you whether or not you have male pattern baldness.

Best of luck.

Thank you. No one on my family ever lost their hair diffusely. They all started with a receeding hairline. So I'm surprised if I'd be diffusing tbh. Though I was sick a few years ago and couldn't eat properly for a year or 2 only recently started eating properly. So dunno maybe is chronic Telogen Effivulim?

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you. No one on my family ever lost their hair diffusely. They all started with a receeding hairline. So I'm surprised if I'd be diffusing tbh. Though I was sick a few years ago and couldn't eat properly for a year or 2 only recently started eating properly. So dunno maybe is chronic Telogen Effivulim?

Maybe. Get a blood test as well.

BaldingGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like @buckthorn said be careful! Greed screwed me over.. But you better than no one know if you«re losing your hair.
Get it checked first by a derm and get a blood test! If you decide going on meds i would try propecia first since you have a good head of hair with no temple recession your goal should be maintaining it for some good years.
Just be cautious.. I wish someone would've told me that before starting

itsAlright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I'm skeptical that it would make your hair loss any worse, but it might give you half dollar nipples.

dermrafok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let's see ... For the people (millions of men) who can not tolerate Propecia. Can you prescribe an alternative? Thank you.

BaldingGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm skeptical that it would make your hair loss any worse, but it might give you half dollar nipples.

I can understand your skepticism but answer this, if we don't completely understand how male pattern baldness works and when propecia was approved we knew even less, how can anyone say this or that can't happen in result of that treatment? It's a fact that it did/does help a lot of guys but i do think in some cases (don't ask me why or how) it can exacerbate hair loss.
15 years ago everyone called crazy to whoever popped up saying that he got permanent (or for a long time after stopping) sexual sides from propecia. Now, 15 years later, it's generally accepted as a possibility. So how is this any different?

I have no desire being here posting negative stuff nor am I trying to scare people but dismissing members claims with the classic line "you coincidentally started balding aggressively after starting the meds" isn't benefiting no one.

To this day i only got 3 things from fina; Watery semen, minor brain fog and tender nipples from time to time... But i'll wait 3-4 more months so I can say I gave it a year to work.

itsAlright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can understand your skepticism but answer this, if we don't completely understand how male pattern baldness works and when propecia was approved we knew even less, how can anyone say this or that can't happen in result of that treatment? It's a fact that it did/does help a lot of guys but i do think in some cases (don't ask me why or how) it can exacerbate hair loss.
15 years ago everyone called crazy to whoever popped up saying that he got permanent (or for a long time after stopping) sexual sides from propecia. Now, 15 years later, it's generally accepted as a possibility. So how is this any different?

I have no desire being here posting negative stuff nor am I trying to scare people but dismissing members claims with the classic line "you coincidentally started balding aggressively after starting the meds" isn't benefiting no one.

To this day i only got 3 things from fina; Watery semen, minor brain fog and tender nipples from time to time... But i'll wait 3-4 more months so I can say I gave it a year to work.

Hey man, I'm no propecia fanboy. Tell me you know someone who claimed they lost more hair because of finasteride, and I'll open my ears, I just hadn't heard of it before. If my two week finasteride journey taught me anything, it is that doctors don't know what they are talking about at times, and we don't know the half of what drugs do to our bodies. The dermatologist I saw to get my prescription from assured me that "DHT doesn't do anything but cause acne and hair loss", LOL.

Luckily I've gotten back to about 95% normal two years later.