Can One Drive Home On His Own After A Hair Transplant?

Tommyscalp

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm going to have my third hair transplant in a few days. I don't recall having too many complications immediately following my previous transplants. I asked my surgeon s office if it was okay if I could drive home which is like a 40 minute ride from Manhattan to brooklyn. It depends on who I ask, but some office staff mentioned conflicting opinions. Has anyone drove themselves home from this procedure?

Dutchie

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes you can. So long as the clinic didnt give you sedatives or tranquilizers

Tommyscalp

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutchie, how are you? Thanks for your reply. If you don't mind me asking, did you drive home from your procedure? One of the people, in my hair surgeon's office, stated that the epinephrine which is shot constantly into the scalp, can have a few side effects. How was your transplant?

Dutchie

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair transplant is scheduled for June.
I asked the nurse if I could drive home afterwards and she said it's not a problem.

But if they have to give you valium or nsedatives, then you shouldn't be driving home

Tommyscalp

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair transplant is scheduled for June.
I asked the nurse if I could drive home afterwards and she said it's not a problem.

But if they have to give you valium or nsedatives, then you shouldn't be driving home

Tommyscalp

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this going to be your first procedure are u located in the USA?
I wonder what drugs are shot into the scalp I believe it's epinephrine

Tommyscalp

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good morning, Pequod. Thanks for your response. What was your travel time home? I believe that my MD's instructions are not to bend down for 48 hours after the procedure. What if you need to do so in the car? Also, what is this Ephinephrine for?

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi, I drove over 2 hours home one way so no worries. They don't want you to exert yourself for two days, that's normal. You can bend over sitting in a car. It takes time for the grafts to set and you don't want to increase your heart rate. Relax and sleep reclined in a chair.