Can Nizoral cause a shed?

e reed

Established Member
Reaction score
I've only used Nizoral a total of 3 time, and it seem I'm losing hair faster than before. I am also noticing a lot of eyelashes falling out too. I've read that eyelash loss can be caused by a Biotin deficiency. Any thoughts?

MrSuccessful

Reaction score
I've never heard of Nizoral being the cause of a shed. I know it does clean your scalp of dead flaky skin, so if there is hair attached to that it may come with but I personally never experienced a shed from Nizoral and used it for about 6 months before switching to Revita.

HairLessGR

Reaction score
Sure babe, nizoral makes hair fall. It's written in the instructions leaflet that comes with it, as well.
I only use it every 4th day and it's the day i always loose more hair.
The only reason i keep using it is because everyone else here thinks that it helps.
And it may well do in the long run....

Reaction score
Yesterday a got a prescription for the 2% Nizoral from my doctor. However, I was only able to get the generic version of the shampoo.

Is that just as good as the brand name or does Nizoral have some special proprietary ingredients that give better results?

Im using the foam and heard good results when people added Nizoral to their weekly regiment.

HairLessGR

Reaction score
Have no idea. the only one i find here is that of Janssen company which by the way is called Fungoral.
I used to use the 2% version but it was way too strong (scalp felt great but hair was falling a great deal) so i switched to the 1% version with conditioner.
The generic could be ok but why don't you go for the real thing anyway?

houstonian

Reaction score
I thought i was the only one that notice that because I use nizoral for 2 days out of the week and notice it increase my shedding so i switch to neutrogena t-gel with coal tar and it actually decrease my sheding.

e reed

Established Member
Reaction score
I just started to use Revivogen shampoo & conditioner, it makes my hair feel and look great, I'm not noticing a lot of shedding either. I'm quitting Nizoral, maybe I'll give T-Gel a try. It has coal tar?

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
WTF!!! I've been using it every other day since Dec and leave it in for 10 mins at a time. Why the hell does everyone say it is so good. I read that study that says it increases hair count as well as minoxidil. I am def gonna go slit my wrists.

Cassin

Reaction score
KielMcK said:
WTF!!! I've been using it every other day since Dec and leave it in for 10 mins at a time. Why the hell does everyone say it is so good. I read that study that says it increases hair count as well as minoxidil. I am def gonna go slit my wrists.

It is good, people just use it too much.

Some thing work best at moderate use.

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
KielMcK said:

Shut it before I put accutane in your shampoo!

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ha ha... that sh*t is worse then nair

e reed

Established Member
Reaction score
I've only used the stuff a total of 3 times in 2 weeks and it made me shed like none other. I quit.

muaythai187

Established Member
Reaction score
Use Neutrogena T-Gel regular with coal tar ,in my opinion it works better than nizoral also has a better control for an itchy/flaky scalp if you have one.

Reaction score
I'm using Nizoral every other day and leave it in for at least 5 minutes. Should I back it down to just 2 times per week and NOT leave it in for so long?

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been doing the every other day for 5-10 minutes thing for over a year now. I'm sticking to it. My scalp looks wonderful

Reaction score
KielMcK said:
I've been doing the every other day for 5-10 minutes thing for over a year now. I'm sticking to it. My scalp looks wonderful

If your scalp looks like your avatar.......then I also say "I'm sticking to it" .