Can Nizoral be used everyday?

reremedies

Reaction score
Wondering why we are all using it every 3 days... my scalp feels better when I use it. Is it bad to use it daily?

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
reremedies said:
Wondering why we are all using it every 3 days... my scalp feels better when I use it. Is it bad to use it daily?

Most people use it every three days because it says so on the bottle. It may cause dry skin, skin rash, or other skin irritation. Some claim to have hair loss from it.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
retropunk said:
reremedies said:

Most people use it every three days because it says so on the bottle. It may cause dry skin, skin rash, or other skin irritation. Some claim to have hair loss from it.

the bottle directions are for dandruff not hair loss.

there are people here that use it everyday.
revita has 1% keto and its directions say to use it 5x a week.

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:

Whether it's 2x a week or 5x a week, the side effects from keto shampoo remain the same. Increasing your usage may only increase your chances of side effects.

reremedies

Reaction score
Well, I may go 5 days a week, because it makes my scalp feel so good. Hell, I'm thinking of pouring over my cornflakes!

STOPHEY

Reaction score
i use it every two days, its the only shampoo i use, great stuff. so i wash my hair every two days. Its good cos to much washing strips the oils etc. Am getting good result by doing this. the foam is the nutz also. god i love that foam i want to :hump: it.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That does not necessarily make the instructions wrong for treating hair loss. nizoral's effects are supposed to last multiple days (whether it be for dandruff or hair loss), which explains the reason why the directions recommend a couple of times per week.

Yes, it has 1% keto mixed with a bunch of other stuff that nizoral doesn't have making it less effective in terms of keto treatment, which helps explain its reasoning behind using it everyday.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
ripple-effect said:
That does not necessarily make the instructions wrong for treating hair loss. nizoral's effects are supposed to last multiple days (whether it be for dandruff or hair loss), which explains the reason why the directions recommend a couple of times per week.

[quote:58002]there are people here that use it everyday.
Yes, it has 1% keto mixed with a bunch of other stuff that nizoral doesn't have making it less effective in terms of keto treatment, which helps explain its reasoning behind using it everyday.[/quote:58002]

im just saying that its probably safe for most people to use it everyday...thats all

and the directions are for DANDRUFF not hair loss...

the shampoo was tested by nizoral for dandruff and it was determined that no additional benefit is attained by using it any more than once every 3/4 days

however since it was not tested for hair loss by nizoral it is POSSIBLE that using it 1 every other day or every day may prove to be better than using it once every 3/4 days.

There is no link between dandruff and hair loss.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
im just saying that its probably safe for most people to use it everyday...thats all
How is it safe when the directions on the bottle instruct the user to use it up to 3-4 times a week? Unless, you were referring to the unknown fact of the suggested use of Nizoral for hair loss. For all I or you know, it could be counter-productive.
and the directions are for DANDRUFF not hair loss...
I never said the directions were for hair loss. The studies done on nizoral's effect on hair loss went according to the directions of use for dandruff, therefore, making your claim of everyday use as being on the safe side false.

the shampoo was tested by nizoral for hair loss and it was determined that no additional benefit is attained by using it any more than once every 3/4 days

however since it was not tested for hair loss by nizoral it is POSSIBLE that using it 1 every other day or every day may prove to be better than using it once every 3/4 days.
Nizoral was tested for it's effects on hair loss, remember...the studies....the whole basis behind this topic? It is just not marketed as a hair loss treatment.

There is no link between dandruff and hair loss.
Dandruff may not be the root cause of hair loss, but it may contribute to scalp inflammation which in turn can cause hair loss/thinning.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
it was not tested by NIZORAL i said...please read carefully. it was tested independently for hair loss. You are assuming that nizorals directions say use it once ever 3/4 days because using it everday is dangerous? no...its because the ketoconazole stays on ur scalp at therapeutic for 72 hrs...so using it anymore than once every 3 days wont help with dandruff problems.

it may or may not be beneficial for hair loss using it more frequently than once every 3/4 days...we really dont know...but as far as being safe...it is. for most people at least. Ive used it 5/6 times a week at times with no problems....many people do on these forums without any problems.... 1% keto isnt dangerous....like i said even spectral ds' revita which has 1% keto advises u to use it 5x a week.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it was not tested by NIZORAL i said...please read carefully.
the shampoo was tested by nizoral for hair loss and it was determined that no additional benefit is attained by using it any more than once every 3/4 days
I already underlined, bold faced, and increased the font size for you the first time, and you still didn't catch it. So, here I'll add italics for you.
You are assuming that nizorals directions say use it once ever 3/4 days because using it everday is dangerous? no...its because the ketoconazole stays on ur scalp at therapeutic for 72 hrs...
...Didn't I already say this? You apparently aren't reading carefully. Read my first post in this topic.
so using it anymore than once every 3 days wont help with dandruff problems.
Using it more than once every 3 days will still help with dandruff....I don't know what you are talking about. It will help by increasing the time of the "therapeutic" effect. You are so contradictory because if it made sense to you to use it more than once every 3 days to help with hair loss then how does it not make sense when it comes to dandruff?

it may or may not be beneficial for hair loss using it more frequently than once every 3/4 days...we really dont know...but as far as being safe...it is. for most people at least. Ive used it 5/6 times a week at times with no problems....many people do on these forums without any problems.... 1% keto isnt dangerous....like i said even spectral ds' revita which has 1% keto advises u to use it 5x a week.
And again, it seems like you aren't reading carefully. If you read my first post you'll see one of the reasons why I believe revita is recommended for everyday use. As for your misconception of my statements of thinking Nizoral outside of directions of use is dangerous...we'll you're wrong. It would go against everything I have said so far if I thought that. What I am saying is that I don't believe recommending it outside of directions of use should be considered as "playing it safe." Using it according to the directions is playing it safe. You are risking too much by going outside of that. You are risking the minor side effects and you are going against what the studies say by recommending this which possibly might increase hair loss since "we really dont know."

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Lol...I never said Nizoral tested it's shampoo for hair loss....why don't you quote me on it? That's what you said, though, and I quoted you multiple times. It doesn't really even matter who studied it anyway. Apparently you aren't reading carefully enough, so I'm done here.

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
ripple-effect said:
Lol...I never said Nizoral tested it's shampoo for hair loss....why don't you quote me on it? That's what you said, though, and I quoted you multiple times. It doesn't really even matter who studied it anyway. Apparently you aren't reading carefully enough, so I'm done here.

I think the nizoral went to his brain! lol he was the one who said it was tested by Nizoral and then disputes it?
hahaha

anyway for me nizoral didnt do jack when I used it everyday! all it did was make my scalp red! now I used to 2 times a week and I use nano shamppo daily.

I wanna try T gel though or should I just stick with nizoral?

pinkfloyd7

Established Member
Reaction score
so if you are NOT suffering of any of the conditions of the bottle (dandruff, itchiness, or inflammation and redness) is it a bad idea to use it ??????

i just use it because i heard it helps propecia and rogaine get better results, thats why I use it. But I don't, and never really have suffered any of those conditions while on these treatments.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Use both...use T-gel on your nizoral off days. They are both supposed to be good in conjunction with hair loss regimens. I personally have not tried T-gel, but it's supposed to be gentle compared to nizoral.

so if you are NOT suffering of any of the conditions of the bottle (dandruff, itchiness, or inflammation and redness) is it a bad idea to use it ??????
No, it's not a bad idea to use it. I don't suffer from any of those things either. According to the studies it's supposed to make your hair slightly thicker after several months of use(few times a week).

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
ripple-effect said:
Use both...use T-gel on your nizoral off days. They are both supposed to be good in conjunction with hair loss regimens. I personally have not tried T-gel, but it's supposed to be gentle compared to nizoral.

[quote:d77d4]so if you are NOT suffering of any of the conditions of the bottle (dandruff, itchiness, or inflammation and redness) is it a bad idea to use it ??????
No, it's not a bad idea to use it. I don't suffer from any of those things either. According to the studies it's supposed to make your hair slightly thicker after several months of use(few times a week).[/quote:d77d4]

I use Nano shampoo like 5 days of the week.

so where would I fit T gel in?

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Okay, if you really don't think Nizoral is doing anything for you then it shouldn't hurt to replace it with T-gel, but try alternating them on separate days. Nano - M/W/F/Su & T-gel - T/R/S + Make sure your T-gel has piroctone olamine in it.

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
ripple-effect said:

Okay, if you really don't think Nizoral is doing anything for you then it shouldn't hurt to replace it with T-gel, but try alternating them on separate days. Nano - M/W/F/Su & T-gel - T/R/S + Make sure your T-gel has piroctone olamine in it.
thanks man