Can more hair be expected to grow 6 months past a hair transplant?

Reaction score
I'm 6 months post op of a FUT hair transplant that should be 70 grafts per cm, but it currently looks quite disappointing, with 35 grafts at the absolute most and maybe 10 grafts per cm in the thinner areas.
Is 6 months the end of hairs sprouting and I can only expect the current hairs to thicken?

Reaction score
5zLgbTv.jpgoutsid3.jpgoutside 2.jpgparted.jpg
Here's some 6 months images. Posted them on Restoration network in a timeline a few days ago.

shookwun

Reaction score
6 months is literally just the beginning, and when i say this i speak from experience. I was in the same position as yourself, asking and doubting myself on why i went through with the procedure all together. It gets better, and the full results wont truly be their untill you're 12 months post-operation.

Reaction score
I really hope so skookwun.
as someone who doesn't believe in slow growers, I'm pretty worried. I've never seen a hair transplant have massive improvement after month 6 and I need quite a bit of improvement

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
I really hope so skookwun.
as someone who doesn't believe in slow growers, I'm pretty worried. I've never seen a hair transplant have massive improvement after month 6 and I need quite a bit of improvement

There is, for sure, consistent improvement after month 6. IF not in many new hairs, at least the existing ones are very fine in diamter now, they will get thicker, and this , on its own, means improvement.

Reaction score
I went there because she was a recommended surgeon on restoration network...
also,it's definitely grafts, I have the hair counts and everything

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I went there because she was a recommended surgeon on restoration network...
also,it's definitely grafts, I have the hair counts and everything

It's really hard to be recommended on that site so that's something. But you must do more research for sure.

I dunno man, did you even need a hair transplant? I look at your hair and don't really see the necessity, far too early in the Norwood scale and also you're young?

Reaction score
I'm transgendered, so the transplant was to fix my hairline to be completely unreceded.

And I spent a year researching before I just jumped in. I looked into Madu and Bhatti as well from India, and DHT clinic from Thailand as options. Radha seemed like the best option with the results patients posted. Most of them looked fully thick at just 6 months, while I'm stuck at my point

Theedge

Reaction score
Another frankenstein what a **** show ! I feel for you man you are screwed DONT GET ANOTHER TRANSPLANT !

JaySizzle

Established Member
Reaction score
for a NW2, you should have done FUE... there is no reason to get FUT for a NW2.. that's my personal opinion... You did it because it was cheaper, just admit it.. it was the price.. Because if you wanted one of the best and price wasn't an issue, you would have gone to Rahal in Canada, or any of the other qualified FUE surgeons in the States, or Europe.... And if you wanted FUT... Hasson and Wong (Canada).