Can minoxidil maintain hair?

spinner2

Established Member
Reaction score
Look at the graph I posted. After 120 weeks, the hair weights for minoxidil 2%, 5%, placebo, and control were all the same. There was no offset at this point, because hair weights were identical for each group!

I didn't mean that the hair weight returned to baseline, I meant that it returned to the control and placebo levels. Look at the graph.

davestep

Reaction score
i had to stop using finasteride due to bad side effects :( . i have been continuing with the 7% minoxidil i always used. im now going to purchase some nizoral shampoo as i no the minoxidil isnt enough and i am thinning badly again. i feel i need to add the best replacement possible for the finasteride(it was working great for me, but nothings worth those side effects). does anyone have opinions on the best product to replace this? if only there was a herbal finasteride tablet which worked the same!! anyones help is greatly appreciated, thanks... im also going to add nano shampoo but only after ive seen the effects of nizoral for a couple of months.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
spinner2 said:
Look at the graph I posted. After 120 weeks, the hair weights for minoxidil 2%, 5%, placebo, and control were all the same. There was no offset at this point, because hair weights were identical for each group!

HUH??? OF COURSE there was no "offset" after 120 weeks, because treatment with the active drug (minoxidil) had been discontinued at 96 weeks! Don't you know ANYTHING about that cliniclal trial by Dr. Price?? It's been discussed to death here for the last few years.

spinner2

Established Member
Reaction score
Wasn't aware of that, my apologies.

Came across that while searching for graphs of hair weights and hair counts while on minoxidil, and didn't see accompanying study.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
That graph you posted is a pretty "stripped-down" version of the one that actually appeared in the study. Here's a scan of the hair-count and hair-weight graphs together, from the study. They make it a lot more clear that the minoxidil was discontinued at the 96-week point:

http://www.geocities.com/bryan50001/quitting-minoxidil.htm