Can Minoxidil Grow Hair On/around The Fue Scars ?

Smackbang77

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been thinking of getting FUE but the scars bother me as I like to get skin fades right around the donor area, which will make the ''dots'' more visible.

I know minoxidil can grow hair that can last as long as the area isn't prone to alopecia. For example, I grew a full beard thanks to minoxidil way before I even realized I was starting to bald, and I still kept my beard even after I stopped using minoxidil on it. Is it possible for it to work on the fue scars too and potentially restore or create new hair there ? Or are the scars just way too invasive for any possibility of hair re-growth there even with minoxidil ?

Worst case I could go with pigmentation instead to cover the scars but I'm curious to see if there is a way to get real hair growing back there.

Thanks guys for having me and this is my first post

dogman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of transplants recently where there seems to be no obvious scarring on the back of the head. Doesn't seem to be a problem if the surgeon is good and you aren't over harvested.

Minoxidil would theoretically work for some fuzz there but I'd just dermaroll to break up the scar tissue for a while then get micropigmentation on the back tbh.